Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #61
B&J

I guess to play with Bieber (does he even deserve the capital letter?) you would have to able to boring stuff, and only think about the money. Its a thing i did for a few times, and after a few times its not fun anymore. And gosh i hope one day mr bieber gets a guitar on his bieberweener
B&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #62
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J
I guess to play with Bieber (does he even deserve the capital letter?) you would have to able to boring stuff, and only think about the money. Its a thing i did for a few times, and after a few times its not fun anymore. And gosh i hope one day mr bieber gets a guitar on his bieberweener

I think to play with Bieber you would have to be able to do stuff as interesting as playing with just about anybody else. His music has rhythm and chords, and you gotta play with the band in a way that fits and sounds good, which is the same that any other singer asks.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #63
poisonousmetal

As a musical moment, I'd like to go on a G3 with Joe Satriani and Andy Timmons, and that at the end Joe said: "You did great kid". Obviously for that I need over the top skills, a ton of knowledge, my own voice and creativity.
poisonousmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #64
:-D
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianWolf
i have done this, and it is truly a great feeling. and if i can do it, anyone can.

i'm kind of tipsy ATM, so i'm in a mushy mood lol. but seriously, anybody can do what i do, as long as they have the discipline and are willing to put in the effort.

you can do it man.

i stopped writing music, so it's a goal that'll pick itself up if i ever create something and like it - i'd still like to do it but lost all motivation to do so, if that's even logically possible

to be honest i don't know how i'd ever know, since i hate playing guitar in front of people and i hate showing people music i've written since it's generally friends/family and **** them, they're just going to tell me the music is good and i could do without whatever bullshit opinions i'm going to be fed

maybe i won't do it, maybe i've already done it, maybe i'm ****ed in the head, who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaholic97
Thanks! I wish everyone on Ultimate Guitar could be more like you!
:-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #65
MasterGuitar126

John Butler, hands down.
MasterGuitar126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #66
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D
i stopped writing music, so it's a goal that'll pick itself up if i ever create something and like it - i'd still like to do it but lost all motivation to do so, if that's even logically possible

to be honest i don't know how i'd ever know, since i hate playing guitar in front of people and i hate showing people music i've written since it's generally friends/family and **** them, they're just going to tell me the music is good and i could do without whatever bullshit opinions i'm going to be fed

maybe i won't do it, maybe i've already done it, maybe i'm ****ed in the head, who knows

as far as writing music is concerned, i take the same approach to writing music that i do for cooking. i do it for myself, and anyone who likes it is welcome to take part in it.

sometimes i'll go crazy. second movement, first string quartet -- i wrote a sequence modulating through the circle of fifths - at some point, it was in every major key. and yet i just wrote a song today that ends up being about 6 minutes long, and the damn thing has three chords with small rhythmic variations in 5/4. simple melodies, powerful lyrics. niiiice and easy.

i write for me. i cook for me. in fact i think i'm about to go do the latter right now. chicken and broccoli over pasta in a cheddar cheese sauce. awesome.

i say do it, smiley. aside from the really gay owl stuff you've got your head screwed on pretty damn straight. use that shit.

peace.

oh, and i ****ing love john butler. i remember hearing ocean when i had only played guitar for 6 months. i almost gave up. almost.

xbox gamertag: Aeolion
psid: Blackwindsamurai (holy **** i want a shorter one)
AeolianWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #67
Hail
kill both bass players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianWolf
as far as writing music is concerned, i take the same approach to writing music that i do for cooking.

me too

Quote:
oh, and i ****ing love john butler. i remember hearing ocean when i had only played guitar for 6 months. i almost gave up. almost.

Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #68
91RG350
At least Microsoft cared

Great post, Alan
91RG350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #69
Edgers

Hi Barricade,
My ultimate musical goals as a guitarist is to make lots of immortal tunes which rest of the world remember. My favorite guitarist is Eric Clapton and I am impressed with his amazing talent to create music and sound out of this world.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #70
MuteAnt

My goal is to put together a quartet or quintet and perform classical pieces on electric guitars and basses, but without going all Malmsteen with them and over-improvising things or showing off. Don't get me wrong, I love the blues, but I also love listening to Vivaldi and imagining a pair of trumpets playing in a round of sorts, and imagining them as guitars.

Someday even composing classical sort of pieces expressly for electric guitar and bass is something I'd like to do as well.
MuteAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #71
GuitarLogic
Awesome User

To be able to play like Satriani, Sfogli and Minette!!

Awesomely melodic, great voicing and badassly technical!!
GuitarLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #72
mike60

Hi Iam 60 and have played since 12, at the moment I would just love to meet people my age here in Adelaide S Australia, to play and jam may be even a band,Where have all the oldies gone all the people I played wiyh in my early years
mike60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #73
91RG350
At least Microsoft cared

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike60
Hi Iam 60 and have played since 12, at the moment I would just love to meet people my age here in Adelaide S Australia, to play and jam may be even a band,Where have all the oldies gone all the people I played wiyh in my early years

Theyre out there man.... try the notice board at the local music shop...

I was thinking recently...given that most 60's flowerchildren are now in their 60's and 70's.... rock and roll isnt about rebellion any more...its about party.... all ages groups have now grown up with rock and roll.... it really opens the door for bands of any age to put stuff out....
91RG350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #74
Nervouspace

I want to be a technical god like John Petrucci but I don't practice 6 hours a day so that won't ever happen...

nah but really I just want to be able to improv like a beast and really get my own style and guitar tone and hopefully record an album without being a perfectionist
Nervouspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: