Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
DrFever

Good Wirless Relay?

Hello folks,

I've finally decided to make the move to a wireless relay. I've been doing a little research on the subject and so far, it seems as though I am leaning towards the Line 6 G50 as my unit of choice. I run my guitars through my pedal board and into my Vox AC20 so the G90 rackmount is too much for me given I run no rackmount effects. The g50 should do the job.

What I'm looking for are other options that perhaps I haven't come across or any feedback from anyone who has used this model (negative or positive experiences) before I run out drop the dough.

Quick question ... do I need a different one for each of my guitars or can I just purchase another transmitter and set it to the same channel? If running two transmitters off the same receiver is not allowed, how about simply setting the second to a different channel and just switching the channel when I switch to my 12 string?

Any information people can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!

DrFever
DrFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

I chose the G30 over the G50 because the G50 uses a proprietary connector whereas the G30 uses a standard 1/4" connection but both perform very well.

I believe you can run two transmitters for the same receiver set to the same channel but I just keep the transmitter attached to my guitar strap and change straps between guitars.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris

Last edited by AxSilentxLine : 11-19-2012 at 06:25 PM.
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
RockGuitarist09

The line 6 G50 is brilliant. You don't need to buy a new set and can just get a new transmitter and set it to that channel, i'm 99% certain.
A cheaper option would be to use one strap for the guitars though and just switch the strap over and save a few hundred.
RockGuitarist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
DrFever

Thank you for the quick replies.

Cheers
DrFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
forsaknazrael
..kupo?

My bassist got the G50 over the G30, due to the metal enclosure. I'd rather it be more gig worthy, you know.
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
KG6_Steven
Serving Knowledge

Running two transmitters on the same channel will be bad. Since they utilize FM, or Frequency Modulution... the "capture effect" will apply. In FM, the strongest transmitter is the one that will be received, hence the reason it's called the capture effect. This could cause the one you're using to cut out at the worst possible moment. Just use one transmitter and swap it between guitars. It will save you money and headaches.
KG6_Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG6_Steven
Running two transmitters on the same channel will be bad. Since they utilize FM, or Frequency Modulution... the "capture effect" will apply. In FM, the strongest transmitter is the one that will be received, hence the reason it's called the capture effect. This could cause the one you're using to cut out at the worst possible moment. Just use one transmitter and swap it between guitars. It will save you money and headaches.

I think he just wanted to keep both guitars on different channels and switch the receiver, but he may as well just swap guitar straps/transmitters between guitars

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Chaosinborn

And you can just turn off the one you arent using.

Rate This Thread: