Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
thesolidgamer

Good sound out of a Line 6

Hello fellow musicians (Well I try to be) I have bought a line 6 Vetta II Combo about 2 months ago. Its got alot of potential by the stuff I have changed around with it, But there just is no good default sounds that sound good. So I have played around a but and just cant get a good heavy sound.

I obviously dont want to imitate any bands sound, As this should be copyright, But what is a good starting point on a good heavy sound with chunky palm mutes, sort of like a mix between :

[forbidden link]

and a ...And Justice for All sound

Yes I play alot of metallica, but not too much of a fan boy. And I know I can probably get no where near to there sound as its amazing especially when using a line 6 product.

So I'm just wondering, Is there any line 6 users that know how to get a good heavy metal sound out of a vetta ii combo. Thanks
thesolidgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

I'd check on the Line 6 dot com web site. It has a forum and patches and shit. Welcome to UG and congrats on a pretty killer amp
Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
thesolidgamer

Thanks, Finally someone replied lol. I will have to buy a midi cord I suppose, Didnt even think of trying out the patches. Hopefuly I can get one cheap retail, I hate waiting lol. Again thanks
thesolidgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

You might just be able to ask on there for there settings, I am not sure how in-depth the vetta controls are, but I imagine that it would be plausible that someone could just tell you how to set it. Maybe I am just thinking impractically though.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
Offworld92
One among the fence.

You don't have to talk down about Line 6 for no reason. The people here worth listening to are very aware of the difference between a Vetta and a POS Spider. It just so happens that the Vetta II is one of the best modeling amps out there. Top 5, I'm sure.

+1 to going to the Line 6 forums. I've read some threads there and they seem very informative and friendly.

IIRC, the Vetta is a very deep amp, no? 2 months isn't long enough to be concerned over, IMO. Just keep dialing away. Take a day or two if you can and just sit down in front of the amp and adjust settings until you're happy. That's what you should do with every new amp you get.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey USA Predator
Ibanez RG520QS
Line 6 POD HD
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz

Last edited by Offworld92 : 11-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Offworld92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
Roc8995

Plenty of patches and settings available from Line 6 and their forums. Otherwise, please use the settings thread for settings questions.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=688660

Roc8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: