Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Arjun_M

Used Jacksons from the 1990s selling at Guitar Center

Guitar Center's used portal has plenty of Japanese Jacksons, including those in the 1990s which were apparently 'cutting into USA Jackson sales'- although we know how much more expensive the USA Jacksons were. They include plenty from the Professional and Performer lines, as also models such as the Stealth and Fusion, now withdrawn. Prices range from over US$ 200 to 500, and there are a few SL3 Soloists as well. Since buying a new Jackson is almost totally out of the question, where I am located, with the prices likely here, this option comes up.

But then, ordering from Asia is not an easy task, and should be done only with expert help, so I have to order the right model, so that it isn't a wasted effort. Just which ones should I think about? And what kind of restoration work would be needed, beyond changing pickups?
Arjun_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
LP_CL
Gimme a beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun_M
Guitar Center's used portal has plenty of Japanese Jacksons, including those in the 1990s which were apparently 'cutting into USA Jackson sales'- although we know how much more expensive the USA Jacksons were. They include plenty from the Professional and Performer lines, as also models such as the Stealth and Fusion, now withdrawn. Prices range from over US$ 200 to 500, and there are a few SL3 Soloists as well. Since buying a new Jackson is almost totally out of the question, where I am located, with the prices likely here, this option comes up.

But then, ordering from Asia is not an easy task, and should be done only with expert help, so I have to order the right model, so that it isn't a wasted effort. Just which ones should I think about? And what kind of restoration work would be needed, beyond changing pickups?

The japanese Jacksons that could compete with the USA Jacksons were not that cheap at all. They easily costed 1500$, which was only 400$ less than the USA's.
Don't expect a 90's MIJ Jackson that costed 800$ to be on par with a USA.
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl

Band:www.citizinsane.be
LP_CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Arjun_M

Which ones from that bunch are worth buying, anyway? A particular product line, price or year? And what (and how much) work is needed to restore any of these?
Arjun_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
jjfeu662
Celestia

I'm going to use this thread so I don't make another one.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/3788411396.html

What do you think? Or should I get an RR3 costing double and from GC?
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs
ALL HAIL CELESTIA
jjfeu662 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: