Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Lykamila

Bla-bla-bla Help choosing between Lag imperator 1000 and Gibson Les Paul Studio

Hey

I need some help ans I was wandering if anybody here could give me some advice. I've played guitar for 5-6 years and I own a middle of the range Ibanez (strat) that I begun on. A few years ago I got myself an electro acoustic Lag that I really love but now I have moved and can only take one guitar with me and I want to go back to electric. Unfortunately my Ibanez isn't quite enough anymore.

I have been looking for a few months and have found a couple of models that I like.
First a Lag (again) Imperator 1000 that is a very nice guitar and I tried in a shop I know and I really liked the feel of.
And a Gibson Les Paul Studio that I haven't tested yet but would be kind of what i'm looking for.
I have tried a Les Paul Studio in a shop i don't know, the guy told me it was a 2003 make, quite simple and a bit cheeper than the other two. But it's also quite heavy. Does anybody know this model ?

Weight is an inportant factor for me because i'm not very big and a heavy guitar quickly weighs down on me. I'm also travelling a lot and I'm not capable of carrying 20kg around for hours :/

Can someone help me out ?

Thank you so much !
Lykamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
gregs1020
Hi mom!

if the Les Paul is too heavy for you then that's pretty much all you need to know right?

here is what we need to know to help you out.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1497696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
good job, i'm just about sick of having to tear my guitars apart to put them back together with the right glue
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
jkielq91

The guitars are not as similar as they look from the front.

The lag is slimmer and lighter, which means it will feel and sound different to the Gibson.

Ultimately it is all down to personal preference.

For the same sort of price, I think the PRS SE range of guitars deserve a look.

They have single cut LP types and double cut LPish types. They will be a bit slimmer and lighter than the LP Studio, but maybe closer in sound.

An anthemic fusion of punk, electric blues and rock n roll.

https://soundcloud.com/jake-quincey

http://www.reverbnation.com/jakequincey
jkielq91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Lykamila

OK so need to know :

So my budget would be something around 1000
Artists, I'm not too sure, but I play a bit of Metallica, Led Zepplin, and other rocky kind of things as well as some beatles solos and some Jazz Manouche (Django Reinheart, Caravan Palace). So i'm into lots of stuff and I want a guitar that would be open to all styles
Preferences, I've been looking painly at Les Paul-types, single cutaways. As I said I want something not too heavy as well.
I'm not really sure about pickups, thus the advice :p
I live in England, but I just moved here from France so that's why I was looking at Lags (that are made right next to where I'm from)
As for my current gear I said so above : an electric Ibanez, i'm not sure the model and an electro acoustic Lag, Four seasons series, Summer

Does that help ?
Lykamila is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: