Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Sir Stoney
Registered User of Herb

Can I wash my guitar strap in a washing machine?

I know you're wondering why I want to wash my guitar strap. Well one of my dogs took a shit on it and it stinks. My guitar strap is not a plain leather, it might be part leather or something since its kinda soft/fuzzy. It's made by "Perri's" if that helps. If I can, how would I wash it? Warm/cold water? Fabric softener? What cycle?

And no I'm not trolling.
Sir Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

You can, if there is leather just make sure the leather bits are smooth as they dry, otherwise any wrinkles will be locked in once the piece is totally dry.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Sir Stoney
Registered User of Herb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Saale
You can, if there is leather just make sure the leather bits are smooth as they dry, otherwise any wrinkles will be locked in once the piece is totally dry.

Thanks man.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Dick Foster

It might be better to clean it by hand with some cleaning products indeed for the materials used. A little Nature's Miracle may help with any lingering odors.

http://www.revivalanimal.com/Nature...CFYF7Qgod5CoA1Q

How in hell......well never mind I suppose you won't let it happen again. What did you do to piss your dog off anyway? Usually they will just lift there leg to express their displeasure or disapproval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stoney
I know you're wondering why I want to wash my guitar strap. Well one of my dogs took a shit on it and it stinks. My guitar strap is not a plain leather, it might be part leather or something since its kinda soft/fuzzy. It's made by "Perri's" if that helps. If I can, how would I wash it? Warm/cold water? Fabric softener? What cycle?

And no I'm not trolling.
Dick Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster
It might be better to clean it by hand with some cleaning products indeed for the materials used. A little Nature's Miracle may help with any lingering odors.

http://www.revivalanimal.com/Nature...CFYF7Qgod5CoA1Q

How in hell......well never mind I suppose you won't let it happen again. What did you do to piss your dog off anyway? Usually they will just lift there leg to express their displeasure or disapproval.

I'd agree with you, if it was full leather. From the description its a synthetic weave strap with leather ends. If he does it on a gentle cycle and lets it hang dry, it'll be just fine.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

i dunno about you but i don't think i'd be putting dog shit in my washing machine. i'd probably just buy a new strap. then again i don't have a dog, maybe you have dog shit on everything and you already have plenty in your washing machine already

(I'm not trolling either)

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Sir Stoney
Registered User of Herb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i dunno about you but i don't think i'd be putting dog shit in my washing machine. i'd probably just buy a new strap. then again i don't have a dog, maybe you have dog shit on everything and you already have plenty in your washing machine already

(I'm not trolling either)

Nope, just runny puppy shit on a strap that dried.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

is that better? (I don't know anything about dogs )

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
innertom
Registered Sex Offender

Hahaha cop that :P
I had a strap that stunk like bong, so I washed it, and it was fine, it was only leather on the ends
Do you have any pics of the strap?
innertom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: