Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #61
Bluesblitz
Resident COOTER
 
Bluesblitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Ho'
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersac
lowest note i can comfortaby hit it low E on the guitar



My god, that is LOW. I can't hit a low E on a guit, but I'm effectively the lowest bass in a 75 person choir with a number of guys older than me, making me a very low Bass 2. In terms of my highest, I can be a low baritone at best, so country and blues are the only genres that sound legit with my voice.
__________________
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Bluesblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #62
Angus_Junior35
AMERICAAAAAA
 
Angus_Junior35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Keokuk, IA
Pitch doesn't really matter. It's all about resonance. I can sing nearly as low as Johnny Cash, but it sounds an octave higher because he has a big booming voice. I have girl friends that have the same speaking pitch as me, but it sounds so much higher because they don't have as much resonance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Awesome
Angus_Junior35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #63
sideslick
Teenage Accident
 
sideslick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07


My talking-voice is pretty much the same as yours. Maybe a less than a half-step lower than yours, with some higher undertones, but undeniably similar.

My singing voice is generally around a full-octave higher than my talking voice.

I can't really test it very well. I am terrified on-stage when it comes to vocal-work, so my voice is anything BUT trained. I can do backup, but I will NEVER do lead. Never again...

BTW, I am 6'8" (a friggin' giant, maybe getting taller), 19 years old, and generally a white-human-mutt, as I put it.

---

I have some German, Norwegian, Japanese, Italian, French, Spanish, English, Irish, Scottish, Russian, and Dutch ancestry.

Not sure how it affects voice, but it's weird to think about how I am the descendant of lots of different races like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.


I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
sideslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #64
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
lol at everyone thinking they speak like me, dickriding poseurs
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #65
King Donkey
hai
 
King Donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
__________________
West Ham United

Regards.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #66
LesPaulGuy1
UG's lazy bastard
 
LesPaulGuy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river.
I started out as a bass, or bass-baritone (low D is my lowest note), but began singing higher because of musicals and things, and I hit a G above middle C in chest earlier today, and can reliably hit F's.

As far as my speaking voice, I'm on the lower end of the spectrum, but not really a bass. I would get mistaken for my dad on the phone all the time back in high school. Personally, I'm not a big fan of my timbre, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I can't look at anything starting with BB and not thinking big busty.
Big Busty Queefing.
LesPaulGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #67
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
 
treborillusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The London Borough of Croydon, GB
Kinda high.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #68
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
lol at everyone thinking they speak like me, dickriding poseurs
It's because we all sound like dorks on Xbox Live.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #69
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
 
treborillusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The London Borough of Croydon, GB
Sometimes if I'm, whatever, 'turned on or whatever', I go low, sounds cool, but, it just comes out... IDK.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #70
gnrsalvation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I have from low E on the E string to the 12th fret on the high E string. Three octaves I think? I have no falsetto either :\
gnrsalvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #71
King Donkey
hai
 
King Donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnrsalvation
I have from low E on the E string to the 12th fret on the high E string. Three octaves I think? I have no falsetto either :\

That's 3 octaves which is a monster of a range. You sure?

EDIT: Actually is 3 octaves really that big? I know nothing about singing honestly. Would love to be able to though, might learn soon.
__________________
West Ham United

Regards.

Last edited by King Donkey : 11-19-2012 at 03:33 AM.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #72
gnrsalvation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Donkey
That's 3 octaves which is a monster of a range. You sure?

EDIT: Actually is 3 octaves really that big? I know nothing about singing honestly. Would love to be able to though, might learn soon.


Yeah I'm sure. Was in choir. My speaking voice is kinda in the middle, a little on the low end. The normal person usually has 1.5-2 octaves without falsetto. I don't have falsetto which really sucks though. So anything above the A above middle C is like an axl rose scream
gnrsalvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #73
King Donkey
hai
 
King Donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnrsalvation
Yeah I'm sure. Was in choir. My speaking voice is kinda in the middle, a little on the low end. The normal person usually has 1.5-2 octaves without falsetto. I don't have falsetto which really sucks though. So anything above the A above middle C is like an axl rose scream

Oh thanks for the insight on that. And Bruce Dickinson on Run to the Hills is meant to be ridiculous with his high G?

I don't understand how someone doesn't have falsetto. I use mine all the time as joke. In fact I'm not even a bad singer in falsetto because of how much I've mucked around with my mates.
__________________
West Ham United

Regards.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #74
gnrsalvation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Donkey
Oh thanks for the insight on that. And Bruce Dickinson on Run to the Hills is meant to be ridiculous with his high G?

I don't understand how someone doesn't have falsetto. I use mine all the time as joke. In fact I'm not even a bad singer in falsetto because of how much I've mucked around with my mates.


A lot of rock frontmen like Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Matt Bellamy, and especially Bruce Dickinson have ridiculous ranges. A lot of them have 4 octaves low to high. It's insane that they sound incredibly good in them too.

I believe I'm starting to develop it. The lightish heady voice is starting to grow on me. But I think it might be a strained upper register hahaha
gnrsalvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #75
King Donkey
hai
 
King Donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnrsalvation
A lot of rock frontmen like Steve Perry, Freddie Mercury, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Matt Bellamy, and especially Bruce Dickinson have ridiculous ranges. A lot of them have 4 octaves low to high. It's insane that they sound incredibly good in them too.

I believe I'm starting to develop it. The lightish heady voice is starting to grow on me. But I think it might be a strained upper register hahaha

As soon as you can nail I Believe in a Thing Called Love, then we'll talk.
__________________
West Ham United

Regards.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #76
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo
 
slipknot5678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
@Kind Donkey: I don't have a falsetto either, which I hate. My normal range stops at around D5, but I can go higher in a half falsetto thing. I think it's starting to develop though since every now and then I can make it crack and go above C6.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #77
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist
 
Rawshik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I put my voice up to my tuner and got in between a G and a G#. Couldn't say what frequency though, just thought it was interesting to know that. However, my voice is definitely lower than almost everyone here.
__________________
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Rawshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #78
King Donkey
hai
 
King Donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Jeez how does it sound when you do falsetto? Just really crackly and strained? Maybe it's because I have a low voice, instantly going to falsetto is easy just because of the massive disparity between that and my regular. Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about
__________________
West Ham United

Regards.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #79
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
It's because we all sound like dorks on Xbox Live.

This is true.

Anyway, http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cf2g91CfrZ
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #80
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo
 
slipknot5678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Donkey
Jeez how does it sound when you do falsetto? Just really crackly and strained? Maybe it's because I have a low voice, instantly going to falsetto is easy just because of the massive disparity between that and my regular. Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about


Yeah, lower voices are better for falsetto.

When I can do it it sounds good. My half falsetto thing varies depending on whether or not it's a good day or not. On good days it sounds great, on bad days it doesn't sound strained, but weak and airy.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
This is true.

Anyway, http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cf2g91CfrZ


Sexiest voice in this thread.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.