Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
SoulShredder

[GP4] Vagabond

Something Ive been working on, taking it in a different direction that what I usually write which I think has benefited me some critiques of what I have so far would be much appreciated! Also what genre do you think this would be ?

Edit: updated it, pretty rough with a lot of filler for now. Would really appreciate some feed back on the pacing and structuring ^^
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 CoolBeans.gp5 (29.6 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by SoulShredder : 11-18-2012 at 07:08 PM.
SoulShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
frankibo
UG Board King

I really feel like I've heard that exact chord progression somewhere before....
Really cool start though, that's some good post hardcore there.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
exos308

Can you do a full version of this song and put it up here? It's fantastic.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
SoulShredder

Updated with more stuffs, its pretty rough, like bass and drums missing. Most of the bass is just filler for now, same with some of the drums. I'd really like some feed back though on the pacing and structuring any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Gageycakes

Sounds pretty good to me although I would like to see bar 50 repeated a few more times it just seems like a great section if it was more drawn out. Or maybe it's too soon for a section like that. If it is keep it like it is and reintroduce it later on as an interlude section.

Apart from that I'm impressed it's got some very nice sounding riffs.
Gageycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulShredder
Updated with more stuffs, its pretty rough, like bass and drums missing. Most of the bass is just filler for now, same with some of the drums. I'd really like some feed back though on the pacing and structuring any thoughts?

My thoughts: it makes sense and I love it, and I can't wait to see how you incorporate the last riff into the song, because it's got awesome feeling to it!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
SoulShredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageycakes
Sounds pretty good to me although I would like to see bar 50 repeated a few more times it just seems like a great section if it was more drawn out. Or maybe it's too soon for a section like that. If it is keep it like it is and reintroduce it later on as an interlude section.

Apart from that I'm impressed it's got some very nice sounding riffs.

Thanks dude! I hadn't really thought of that, but its definitely an interesting idea. A little part that I over looked since it was only meant as a transition. But if it works out i may just work it back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erra93
My thoughts: it makes sense and I love it, and I can't wait to see how you incorporate the last riff into the song, because it's got awesome feeling to it!

I had written that riff before most of the song actually, it has a nice outro feel to it. Im not sure though yet if I'll use it as an outro to fade out and play around with a bit or just to wrap up this mid section. Still playing around with it. But thanks for your thoughts! muchos gracias.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Gageycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulShredder
Thanks dude! I hadn't really thought of that, but its definitely an interesting idea. A little part that I over looked since it was only meant as a transition. But if it works out i may just work it back in.

Probably my favourite section in the whole song would love to see it repeated. Will be watching this for more updates
Gageycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: