User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #121
eGraham
It's high time, Cymbaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessalate
Most of the guitarists around here are powerchord-only-types while the rest are crazy shredders who've studied classically or jazzy talented types who can improvise like mad.

Ah, I see now. You have the extremes. My experience is like that, as well.

I've one friend who has no sense of rhythm, and the others are so good they're not even fun to play with lol.

October 23, 2014
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #122
Tessalate
Going to be the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
Ah, I see now. You have the extremes. My experience is like that, as well.

I've one friend who has no sense of rhythm, and the others are so good they're not even fun to play with lol.

That feel.

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Tessalate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #123
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

^^ yeah, that one
Old 11-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #124
macashmack
Maskcashmack

TFW you're lying in bed going to sleep, and a beautiful piece comes into your head, but you're too tired to move, so you hope you'll remember it, and you don't
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #125
Pancakehead
UG's Brown Belt Mexican

That feel when you start the day determined to write a song when you get home and end up listening to other music for 'inspiration' all night...

Add me and say you're from UG
Pancakehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #126
Ian_the_fox
Banned

The feel when Musicians Friend is having their black Friday sale, and nothing you actually need is included in the discount.
Ian_the_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #127
beau05
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
That feel when every family member wants you to 'play something on the guitar!'

The worst shit ever. The only logical response is, "Play your own f*ckin guitar!", however that would go down like a **** flavoured energy drink
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #128
intheshadowplay
Mediocre guitarist

That feel when people procede to talk while you're playing, after having asked you to play something. My family pulls that nonsense, and then wonders why I stop in mid-song.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #129
thePTOD
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
ppl aren't stupid and annoying just b/c they don't shower you in compliments. guitar playing isn't that impressive and it's not very fun to me those who can't play guitar, whereas guitar hero is. perspective mang.

Calm your tits, who said anything about wanting a shower of compliments? I just think it would have been polite if they said, "Cool!" or "Oh, neat." or something small and nice instead of just up and leaving.

Guitar Hero is lame and the girls were massive butterfaces anyway.
Originally Posted by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
thePTOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #130
Guitarman015
Wipe down this!

When people ask me to play entire songs, knowing I don't sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my ****ing username.
Guitarman015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #131
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

tfw you write something brilliant while dreaming/about to go to sleep and can't remember it when you wake up

The Spirit shall look out through Matter's gaze
And Matter shall reveal the Spirit's face.
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #132
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
tfw you write something brilliant while dreaming/about to go to sleep and can't remember it when you wake up

Exactamundo
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #133
Art Vandalay

When you meet somebody and get to talking about music and they want to jam. You get everything set up expecting a quality session. They get there and don't know any theory, or can't keep time, or are no where near as good as they talked like when you met and the whole thing ends up being a lesson for them.

On the flip side of that, I've had it where I've been invited to jam with some guys and every one of them on every instrument was so much better than me I felt like I was the guy that I described earlier. I guess it's an ego thing that I don't like to be the worst in the room, but it totally sucks when all go to riffs and licks in a jam sound like childs play compared to their stuff.
Art Vandalay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #134
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
When you meet somebody and get to talking about music and they want to jam. You get everything set up expecting a quality session. They get there and don't know any theory, or can't keep time, or are no where near as good as they talked like when you met and the whole thing ends up being a lesson for them.

I've had similar to this a time or two, except they got "jamming" and I realized they sucked. I didn't bother with any "lesson". I just got bored and waited for them to go away. I never really invited them to jam again either. It's like they spent the whole time trying to impress, and I'm just going, "Yeah, no" in my head.
Anyway, point is, it's one thing if they don't talk all this lying shit about how they're basically Hendrix reborn. I never mind if someone says, "Look, man...you may need to teach me a few things, so I can get your songs." It's the guys who can't admit that they need to practice in the style of your band that just need to take a proverbial hike.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #135
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Quote:

This is why I don't ever 'jam' with people.
StewieSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #136
Art Vandalay

Around here it's hard to find people to play with. I've had the most fun just going to the local blues society jams they hold monthly at various bars. Those old men know whats up and seem to enjoy guiding me in the right direction.

It's like they spent the whole time trying to impress, and I'm just going, "Yeah, no" in my head.

That is a perfect description of most of the people in my social circles that play instruments. I see a lot of kids that can sweep pick and shred like all over but they don't know even know what key their in and have almost no ability to just sit back and groove. A lot can be said for rhythm playing and the hard lesson of "sometimes less is more"
Old 11-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #137
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
That is a perfect description of most of the people in my social circles that play instruments. I see a lot of kids that can sweep pick and shred like all over but they don't know even know what key their in and have almost no ability to just sit back and groove. A lot can be said for rhythm playing and the hard lesson of "sometimes less is more"

I agree with everything but the bolded part. I've found that, when it comes to music, less is usually NEVER more. This may just be a personal preference though. On the other hand, there are definitely times when you have too much "more", so to speak, and need to dial back a thing or two.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:38 AM   #138
Art Vandalay

The "less is more" is probably more of a style preference. I like to give a solo a little room to breathe and use speed as more of a special weapon to only be unleashed at just the right time. However, since I'm fairly new to being able to actually play fast, I do get a little out of hand with it at times.

Rate This Thread: