Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #61
goest
SJW
 
goest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
That's the way I see it because everyone I've talked to that has told me they don't like them has not given 1 real reason. It's always something like "they look stupid" "they have ******ed names" Even if that's true that doesn't mean their music is shit.


It's no less a valid reason.
__________________
Xbox Live: Harmonomicon

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #62
SwamToTheMoon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I've never been able to figure it out. They are genuinely pretty talented. Plus, Waking the Fallen, and City of Evil are solid albums, as well as some of their self-titled. I don't really like much of their newer stuff as it's kind of diminished in originality imo, but it's still a lot better than most mainstream stuff.
SwamToTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #63
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
 
W4RP1G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
That's the way I see it because everyone I've talked to that has told me they don't like them has not given 1 real reason. It's always something like "they look stupid" "they have ******ed names" Even if that's true that doesn't mean their music is shit.

Yeah, I noticed it's either that or the singer's voice. Personally, I like their music, but I'm not what I'd call a fan.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #64
themuddman
Registered User
 
themuddman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
So theres alot of hate on A7X because of some their fans? Are you serious?! Theres hate because of how they choose to dress and their names they chose? Really?? Thats so petty and close minded guys, come on people! If you don't like their music thats fine, but it sems like they're getting alot of hate for pretty dumb reasons. And talent shouldn't be a consideration on what is good music, just cause a band might not be super shredders doesn't automatically make them suck. If they were playing right in front of you, not in a show, would you honestly say they suck?
themuddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #65
arabmetallion
shut teh fuk ahp u fagits
 
arabmetallion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in a frozen barren wasteland (AKA Canada)
__________________
embracing stupidity since 94'

my shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
arabmetallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #66
goest
SJW
 
goest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuddman
So theres alot of hate on A7X because of some their fans? Are you serious?! Theres hate because of how they choose to dress and their names they chose? Really?? Thats so petty and close minded guys, come on people! If you don't like their music thats fine, but it sems like they're getting alot of hate for pretty dumb reasons. And talent shouldn't be a consideration on what is good music, just cause a band might not be super shredders doesn't automatically make them suck. If they were playing right in front of you, not in a show, would you honestly say they suck?


Their fans are annoying. Hard to look past.
They dress annoying. Hard to look past.
Their stage names are terrible. Hard to look past.
Their music is poorly written. Hard to look past.
Their tone is abysmal. Very hard to look past

Would I say they suck to their faces?
Yes. Loudly and quite often.
__________________
Xbox Live: Harmonomicon

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #67
DespisedIcon
UG's Jellyfishing Master
 
DespisedIcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuddman
So theres alot of hate on A7X because of some their fans? Are you serious?! Theres hate because of how they choose to dress and their names they chose? Really?? Thats so petty and close minded guys, come on people! If you don't like their music thats fine, but it sems like they're getting alot of hate for pretty dumb reasons. And talent shouldn't be a consideration on what is good music, just cause a band might not be super shredders doesn't automatically make them suck. If they were playing right in front of you, not in a show, would you honestly say they suck?


Sand in the vaj much?
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
DespisedIcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #68
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist
 
Thrill-house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by goest
It's no less a valid reason.

Yes it is. If the only reason someone doesn't like a band is because they don't like the look/names of the band members they're the ones that are stupid.
__________________
Quote:
They ain't makin Jews like Jesus anymore
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #69
goest
SJW
 
goest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
Yes it is. If the only reason someone doesn't like a band is because they don't like the look/names of the band members they're the ones that are stupid.


How does that make them stupid? If the band seems to rely heavily on a gimmick like stage names or scene-style dress, then I'm a hell of a lot more likely to pass over them. It's more often than not an indication of their abilities to write interesting music.
__________________
Xbox Live: Harmonomicon

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #70
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabmetallion


His hat looks like a butt.

A funny butt.

OT: The hate stems from their general image and their fans. The music is terrible to average compared to most higher quality music, but compared to a lot of radio rock and classic rock it's pretty good.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #71
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist
 
Thrill-house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by goest
How does that make them stupid? If the band seems to rely heavily on a gimmick like stage names or scene-style dress, then I'm a hell of a lot more likely to pass over them. It's more often than not an indication of their abilities to write interesting music.

Maybe stupid wasn't the best word, let's go with "shallow"
__________________
Quote:
They ain't makin Jews like Jesus anymore
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #72
goest
SJW
 
goest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
Maybe stupid wasn't the best word, let's go with "shallow"


If you say so.
__________________
Xbox Live: Harmonomicon

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #73
Mr.DeadDuck
UG's best Dave
 
Mr.DeadDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Liverpool
I hate them because the singer annoys me, guitars bore me and I have to hear about the drummer because he died.
__________________
SMILE!
Mr.DeadDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #74
themuddman
Registered User
 
themuddman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by goest
Their fans are annoying. Hard to look past.
They dress annoying. Hard to look past.
Their stage names are terrible. Hard to look past.
Their music is poorly written. Hard to look past.
Their tone is abysmal. Very hard to look past

Would I say they suck to their faces?
Yes. Loudly and quite often.



This is what im talking about, of all the reasons you gave, only two are real reasons to actually dislike them. You arn't always going to be looking at them when you hear them, their names and cloths affect their music in no way. And if you would say they sucked, then you just don't know what talent is, simple as that. It's ok to not like them but to honestly say they suck?
themuddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #75
jakesmellspoo
BrBa Survivor's Club
 
jakesmellspoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
not interested.

i heard them live once.

didn't do anything for me.

hate's too strong a word for something you just don't care about at all.
__________________
NIGHT BIRDS.
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #76
goest
SJW
 
goest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuddman
This is what im talking about, of all the reasons you gave, only two are real reasons to actually dislike them. You arn't always going to be looking at them when you hear them, their names and cloths affect their music in no way. And if you would say they sucked, then you just don't know what talent is, simple as that. It's ok to not like them but to honestly say they suck?


They're shit image is always burned into my mind, sadly.

Now then, let me tell you how it's okay for me to think your favorite band is just godawful: Because it is.
__________________
Xbox Live: Harmonomicon

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #77
themuddman
Registered User
 
themuddman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespisedIcon
Sand in the vaj much?


Well here i was thinking that people like us were different then the rest of society because we could appreciate talent and the actual music that a person creates, but instead what people focus on is cloths, names, fans, and "it's not good enough for my ears so it's crap". Im glad the rockers here in my town are more grown up than some of you people.
themuddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #78
ErikLensherr
Vintage Edition
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuddman
Well here i was thinking that people like us were different then the rest of society because we could appreciate talent and the actual music that a person creates, but instead what people focus on is cloths, names, fans, and "it's not good enough for my ears so it's crap". Im glad the rockers here in my town are more grown up than some of you people.

lul
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
Romney's gonna win.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #79
goest
SJW
 
goest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuddman
Well here i was thinking that people like us were different then the rest of society because we could appreciate talent and the actual music that a person creates, but instead what people focus on is cloths, names, fans, and "it's not good enough for my ears so it's crap". Im glad the rockers here in my town are more grown up than some of you people.


You're silly, bud.
__________________
Xbox Live: Harmonomicon

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #80
arabmetallion
shut teh fuk ahp u fagits
 
arabmetallion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in a frozen barren wasteland (AKA Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuddman
Well here i was thinking that people like us were different then the rest of society because we could appreciate talent and the actual music that a person creates, but instead what people focus on is cloths, names, fans, and "it's not good enough for my ears so it's crap". Im glad the rockers here in my town are more grown up than some of you people.

__________________
embracing stupidity since 94'

my shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
arabmetallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.