Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #21
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Traffic Town LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktiger0
I actually like V's sitting down because they promote a better playing posture, in that, the only way to play them sitting down is to put the "crotch" of the V straddling your right leg. This puts the picking area in a more centered position on your body, similar to when you play standing up. I find it hard to do this with my Les Paul.



I have a KV-2 and some BC Rich crappy V. I play them all the time sitting down and it is comfy. I feel ****ed when I try play my soloist siting down now. Awkward.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #22
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Don't hold your breath.

Get a Jackson soloist. You can find the professional series MIJ with thin necks for around 500. Great value.

That being said the quality on the LTDs I have played has been fantastic. I actually bought my younger brother a bolt on neck version like yours and he loves it. It plays like a dream and it was under $300.


saw All That Remains last night.
Oli Herbert switched from a xiphos nat finish like my ltd
to a jackson warrior.. mahogony wings maple neck with a stripe.... OMG.. Im a warrior/xiphos fan to the core... well odd shaped guitars in general grab me.

almost Murdered one of my guitar idols :/ over a peice of wood
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #23
gregs1020
Hi mom!
 
gregs1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults
every jackoff has a superstrat and les paul shape.. I like to walk on stage and be confidant noone else has seen such gear
sometime.. different is good... again its not foreveryone though lol.





two birds one stone.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
I may just make you an honorary Aussie for that one greg.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #24
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
^ where can i place my order... NOHOMO!
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #25
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Traffic Town LA
Greg- thanks for sharing a photo from your personal collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults
saw All That Remains last night.
Oli Herbert switched from a xiphos nat finish like my ltd
to a jackson warrior.. mahogony wings maple neck with a stripe.... OMG.. Im a warrior/xiphos fan to the core... well odd shaped guitars in general grab me.

almost Murdered one of my guitar idols :/ over a peice of wood



- Off topic- how was the show? Did Machine Head play?

I am going to see them on Tuesday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #26
gregs1020
Hi mom!
 
gregs1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Greg- thanks for sharing a photo from your personal collections.

no i'm the jackoff with the lp or strat shaped guitars.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
I may just make you an honorary Aussie for that one greg.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #27
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
the whole show was awesome.. machine did not play.. vocalist got a hernia somehow..
dethklok will make you piss your pants.
for two reasons.. Before now I thought brendon small was just a dude who made a sweet metal show..... he is and ill say this to chris brodericks face if i have to.... one of THE best guitarists I have ever seen. spot on... its almost inhuman how good he is.
and second. the show is hilarious..

black dhalia never dissapoints.

ATR punched me in the face then picked me back up so i could get round two.. phil just energizes the crowed!
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #28
greeny23
Mechromancer
 
greeny23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
no i'm the jackoff with the lp or strat shaped guitars.



mij is no jackoff.
__________________

Cheap Stuff!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock05
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #29
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I'm gonna start a wave of shredders with Tele's..
Threaten me with a good time see what happens
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #30
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)
 
Blktiger0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Marrietta, Ohio, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
I have a KV-2 and some BC Rich crappy V. I play them all the time sitting down and it is comfy. I feel ****ed when I try play my soloist siting down now. Awkward.


I want a Gibby V sooooo bad. I have OCD over symmetry in guitars, and it doesn't get much more goddamn symmetrical. Plus, V's are ****ing metal.

I already have every mod I want to do to it planned out I'm such a loser.

Basically, I'll have a black one, and everything on it that's not black is going to be chrome. Pickguard, pickups, hardware, truss rod cover, knobs, you name it. Gonna put a Dimarzio D Activator in the Bridge and a LiquiFire in the Neck with chrome finishes.

Of course, I'll be keeping all off the original suff for resale. No sense in being an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020



two birds one stone.



That would be better if it weren't so small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults
the whole show was awesome.. machine did not play.. vocalist got a hernia somehow..
dethklok will make you piss your pants.
for two reasons.. Before now I thought brendon small was just a dude who made a sweet metal show..... he is and ill say this to chris brodericks face if i have to.... one of THE best guitarists I have ever seen. spot on... its almost inhuman how good he is.
and second. the show is hilarious..

black dhalia never dissapoints.

ATR punched me in the face then picked me back up so i could get round two.. phil just energizes the crowed!


Machine Head didn't play because Walt Disney is a ****ing douche. Disney has been banning Machine Head from their venues because of "violent imagery and a violent fanbase" or some stupid bullshit like that. Really, it's because of their anit-christian songs like Halo and the fact that Disney doesn't want to risk that kind of image at one of their venues. **** Disney.

Brendon Small is a pretentious douche, and I can't ****ing stand him.

However, he IS a great guitarist, and Metalocalypse is hands-down my favorite TV show of all time. My band went as Dethklok for Halloween this year Making a Pickles wig was a bitch...

In terms of energizing the crowd, nobody can touch Hatebreed. The absolute most Punk influenced Metal band I've ever heard. Combine those two, and you better be prepared to go home hurting in places you didn't know you had. Nothing compared to the crowd-engulfing mosh pit during Black Label by Lamb of God. That was intense. I've never seen the entire crowd be a mosh pit until that night...
Blktiger0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #31
Offworld92
One among the fence.
 
Offworld92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern California, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktiger0
Brendon Small is a pretentious douche, and I can't ****ing stand him.

In terms of energizing the crowd, nobody can touch Hatebreed. The absolute most Punk influenced Metal band I've ever heard. Combine those two, and you better be prepared to go home hurting in places you didn't know you had. Nothing compared to the crowd-engulfing mosh pit during Black Label by Lamb of God. That was intense. I've never seen the entire crowd be a mosh pit until that night...


Pretty sure the pretentiousness is just for show... idk though, never met him.

Most energetic shows I've been to are Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and All that Remains. Complete, uncanny control over the crowd. Matt Heafy is an asshole. Because he started a circle pit that kicked the shit out of me.


Really not into moshing AT ALL anymore, been there done that. Get it, just not for me anymore.
__________________
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.