Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
jesus=dinosaur
UG's gayest heterosexual

NDD (new delay day)

Well I finally bought my first delay, i had played a few at guitar center and another local store and i think i got a pretty good one.

and here it is with the rest of my little rig

Alright so i got this used online for 150$ so it was a realitively good deal, and I am really satisfied with is. It definitely isnt true bypass because there is a noticeable hum when its plugged in, but im not too bothered by it since my tele hums anyway and it doesnt seem like a much more noticeable amount. Plus i intend on getting a decimator before i record or gig. It has 6 delay types, 2 of which being stereo, of which it has inputs and outputs for. Sound wise it sounds really good, good quality. Can emulate tape and analog delays well while being completely digital. It has 9 presets that are easily switchable and a tap tempo which can sync up to what you're playing. It has a lot of features and they all sound pretty good. My favorite feature is the reverse delay, although not very commonly used is a lot of fun to play around with. All in all im very satisfied with this and it will definitely satisfy my delay needs for a while.
'65 Fender Vibrochamp
Martin D-15

Check out my soundcloud - Cold Things Never Catch Fire
jesus=dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Nice! I like playing around with the reverse and getting that cool John Meyer effect. HNDD!

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR

Nice. I was looking at getting one of those when I decided on the carbon copy. How does the TC handle delay when you're using distortion?
Tremolo Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
jesus=dinosaur
UG's gayest heterosexual

When i use the big muff in front of it it handles it pretty well. Sounds a just little thin but thats from the delay and Im sure i can work around it with a little fiddling. I havent cranked my amp with it yet so im not sure how itll handle the distortion coming after the delay yet, but ill be sure to let you guys know tomorrow!
my only complaint is that the footswitches don't click, the just press in if you know what i mean. I guess im just so used to my mutron where you have to push it nice and hard.
'65 Fender Vibrochamp
Martin D-15

Check out my soundcloud - Cold Things Never Catch Fire
jesus=dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: