Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Talking C4C first demo for self released EP

The first track my band and I have for a EP we're working on. It's pretty much just a catchy pop song. The EP is actually turning out to be quite interesting. This is just a song that would trick people into coming to our shows. Then we'll play some real stuff ahhaha

C4C!

Thanks guys, Kevin

EDIT: Here is a link to our Facebook. Please give it a like! Once more songs are finished I'll post them here. Thanks so much for the input.

http://www.facebook.com/TheLightsOutProject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGkH...feature=g-all-u

Last edited by KevinFreund : 11-23-2012 at 02:12 PM.
KevinFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
jesseguitar

I think its catchy. Great tone on the guitar solo. What does the real stuff sound like haha?
jesseguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseguitar
I think its catchy. Great tone on the guitar solo. What does the real stuff sound like haha?

Honestly it's all over the place. haha We have progressive rock songs and folk based acoustic stuff with rich harmony. Plus the usual kick ass rockin roll/blues tracks. Basically everything but metal. I need to figure out a way to blend it all aha. Thanks for the comment
Old 11-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
StrangeDaze-

Hey, I think this song has potential. I like the change at 1:16. I think the rhythm guitar needs more presence, it doesn't have enough power behind it I think, interesting vocals too which make it unique. The drums could also be a little tighter. It sounds like you guys were messing around so you can probably re-record it to make it more official, but overall I think the voice is the most unique thing about the song which is a good thing!
StrangeDaze- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
unionfreak72
Guitarist.

I like the overall tune and the sounds, it seems to kind of be dampened though, It's not quite crisp enough, but I dig the tune.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
SchmifftyFive
newb....unfortunately

Just my quick thoughts as I listened to the song:

Love the guitar solo, though it think the sweep at the end is somewhat unnecessary and ends abruptly.
Unique-sounding vocals, add nice tone to the song
Harmonies a great touch for the end of the song
I agree that the guitar tone is maybe a little more muted than it needs to be, but I personally dig the "unofficial" vibe the song gives. The slight roughness to the song makes it more endearing--a breath of fresh air in this era of auto-tune, no?

Good job mixing the song up throughout and keeping it fresh to the very end. I think you have a sweet little ditty here that people can bop and sway to as you play live. Good luck with the EP!

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
SchmifftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
KingEuphoric

I like it man
KingEuphoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
weorge
I'm Difficult To Explain.

I really enjoyed it! nice rhythm and fun melody. You set out to make a catchy pop song and you've done a really good job of it. At first I didn't like your voice but it grew on me by the end of the song. I don't really have any criticisms :/

Sorry this took so long btw, I hadn't checked my UG for a while! cheers for the crit
weorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Ok, lovely standard of recording and playing there. Really good track, I enjoyed it.

There's a few issues with the mixing, though, maybe this will help:

- The vocal is extremely buried in the mix
- The guitar has perhaps a little too much reverb on it
- The stereo spread isn't really being used as much as it could be, everything feels squashed in the center
- Kick drum is a little soft and rounded
- The drum sound and guitar tones are lovely, great work!

If you've got the master tapes and fancy a free remix, feel free to give me a shout.
I'm always looking for good-quality bands to work with, to add to my portfolio.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
Ok, lovely standard of recording and playing there. Really good track, I enjoyed it.

There's a few issues with the mixing, though, maybe this will help:

- The vocal is extremely buried in the mix
- The guitar has perhaps a little too much reverb on it
- The stereo spread isn't really being used as much as it could be, everything feels squashed in the center
- Kick drum is a little soft and rounded
- The drum sound and guitar tones are lovely, great work!

If you've got the master tapes and fancy a free remix, feel free to give me a shout.
I'm always looking for good-quality bands to work with, to add to my portfolio.

I've remixed since that demo and pretty much did everything you mentioned! The final version will be on the CD. Thanks for the input, I make take you up on your offer! Thanks again guys!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
I've remixed since that demo and pretty much did everything you mentioned! The final version will be on the CD. Thanks for the input, I make take you up on your offer! Thanks again guys!

Great stuff. Hit me up if you need mastering, I'd like to hear the finished track.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
aaron aardvark

Kevin,
Melodies are good & happy (my favorite part of the song). Vocals are slightly pitchy at times, but otherwise good. Guitar playing is pretty good. If the drums are real, they are well recorded (I know they're not easy to do). Instrumentally, things could be a little tighter at times, though I like the song. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...09#post30732509
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron aardvark
Kevin,
Melodies are good & happy (my favorite part of the song). Vocals are slightly pitchy at times, but otherwise good. Guitar playing is pretty good. If the drums are real, they are well recorded (I know they're not easy to do). Instrumentally, things could be a little tighter at times, though I like the song. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...09#post30732509

The drums are most certainly real! Second time in my life I've recorded a full set Thanks for the crit! I'll get to your stuff soon
Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
The drums are most certainly real! Second time in my life I've recorded a full set

Seriously? Wow, amazing work. That's a great drum sound. I'm guessing a nice kit and good drummer helped a lot though!

Rate This Thread: