Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
TidalReach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Demos for Alt rock band (home-recorded)C4C

Hey guys, I'm the vocalist from the band Tidal Reach. We are from South Wales in the UK and love our prog rock/metal. We are currently working on our home-recorded EP and would LOVE some feedback....

Our music has a mix of inspirations....Dream Theater, Thousand Foot Krutch, Dead Letter Circus.....a lot .

As i said all our music (minus drums ofc) were home recorded using a condenser mic and a mini amp.... Pretty happy with how things came out.

We also have some original instrumentals we put together as intros/outros....

Hope you guys like it anyway and thanks again for any feedback!

Tidal Reach EP- What Lies In Store

If you like the music enough feel free to like the facebook page too or leave us a message on there with any feedback ^^

Tidal Reach Facebook Bandpage

Last edited by TidalReach : 12-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.
TidalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
JDmino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I'm really digging Away with the Tide. Really nice tones and riffs there.
JDmino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
TidalReach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Glad you liked that song! It was our favorite track until we finished "Micawber" today. That's all uploaded too now. Are there any criticisms perhaps? As im the vocalist, is there anything to criticise in that department?

W.R.T the new song Micawber we did just realise that the vocals in somepart of the song need to be adjusted to avoid clipping but we still feel its a pretty solid tune.

Thanks again to you and everyone else that gave our tracks a listen!
TidalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
uchiacln95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
In a Heartbeat is a very good song! Just need to polish up the left and right panned guitars. I know its very difficult to because of the delay fx. Believe me I know! The vocal seems feels a little out of the mix. Maybe re-record it with the vocalist a half of foot to a foot away. Just really tool around until the vocal tracks sound in place. Btw I'm not saying anything is bad, just constructive criticism!

Last edited by uchiacln95 : 11-29-2012 at 05:30 PM.
uchiacln95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
TidalReach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiacln95
In a Heartbeat is a very good song! Just need to polish up the left and right panned guitars. I know its very difficult to because of the delay fx. Believe me I know! The vocal seems feels a little out of the mix. Maybe re-record it with the vocalist a half of foot to a foot away. Just really tool around until the vocal tracks sound in place. Btw I'm not saying anything is bad, just constructive criticism!


Thank for the great constructive feedback! We will take these into account in the future but we have already put this track on the EP discs we are selling so sadly, we can't really make amendments to these tracks as far as production goes but we can take this great advice into account for future tracks!

Again thank you for this feedback and im glad you enjoyed the song. Hope you liked the others too.

Aled - Vocalist of Tidal Reach
TidalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
SchmifftyFive
newb....unfortunately
 
SchmifftyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In my house
Love the style of the guitar and guitar solo in "Micawber", great intro. Since you're the vocalist, I'll focus my attention there

I think you're delivery fits the music pretty dang well, although I'd probably double or triple record the back vocals if you have not done so already. Wails like that can be kinda tricky to keep from getting "pitchy", but usually laying done some parallel tracks of the same line fleshes things out quite nicely. The tracks will cancel out any pitchyness, and also add a great "crowd" effect that will add some great "umph" to the chorus. Also, I'd maybe recommend throwing in some more tigh harmonies as you go through the respective choruses, adding a new dimension and making the chorus some bigger as the song goes along.

All in all, great stuff dude! I feel like you're band would be a ton of fun to play in, and I love how diverse the songs you guys have are. Good luck in the future, my good sir
__________________
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
SchmifftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
TidalReach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmifftyFive
Love the style of the guitar and guitar solo in "Micawber", great intro. Since you're the vocalist, I'll focus my attention there

I think you're delivery fits the music pretty dang well, although I'd probably double or triple record the back vocals if you have not done so already. Wails like that can be kinda tricky to keep from getting "pitchy", but usually laying done some parallel tracks of the same line fleshes things out quite nicely. The tracks will cancel out any pitchyness, and also add a great "crowd" effect that will add some great "umph" to the chorus. Also, I'd maybe recommend throwing in some more tigh harmonies as you go through the respective choruses, adding a new dimension and making the chorus some bigger as the song goes along.

All in all, great stuff dude! I feel like you're band would be a ton of fun to play in, and I love how diverse the songs you guys have are. Good luck in the future, my good sir


Thank you very much for this great feedback! We will keep all this in mind for our next few tracks. I have now compiled all the tracks into the correct order for our EP CD that we are currently selling to try and make some savings towards studio recording.
Hope people can check it out!

What Lies in Store- Tidal Reach EP
TidalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
This_Kidd
Chillax!
 
This_Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brighton, England
I listened to the first couple of tracks, you've got a really interesting mix of things going on dude!

Micawber was pretty awesome, I like the riffs you've got going on and the vocals are decent, it's got a really cool vibe which is so important for this kinda thing! I can only really echo what other people have said about the vocals etc.!

C4C if you get the chance please dude http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1575928
__________________
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
This_Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #9
JDmino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
With Micawber I feel like the vocals need more power, towards the end you have this kind of shout/scream that feels right for the style. You need to push your vocals for that kind of music imo.
JDmino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
aaron aardvark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
TR,
Listening to the first song. Nice drums & keyboards! Good melodies. Guitar is OK on the outro. I'm at 4:00, not sure if this is the second song. Guitar riffs are pretty good, sounds like the 70's, which is fine by me. Vocals are good though I'd have them more panned toward the center. Perhaps you could check out my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1576745
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
TidalReach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmino
With Micawber I feel like the vocals need more power, towards the end you have this kind of shout/scream that feels right for the style. You need to push your vocals for that kind of music imo.


Live it sounds a lot better but the microphone we use to record cant cope with my vocals if i do them too powerful. Apparently my voice as a LOAD of treble so the recordings distort incredibly easy and its REALLY hard to fix. For that scream I had to stand in the opposite corner of my room and face the corner and floor and do it and it still kinda distorted....it's pretty hard >.<. But thank you for the feedback!

@aaron The first song on the EP setlist is purely an instrumental not a real track per sť. The outro to that track was also cut from the actual CD and the base riff inspired the song "what lies in store". Would probably be better to check out one of the other songs. I'll check your link out though!
TidalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
Splitvision
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Beta Reach - Very nice! Just seen The Hobbit, and the cinematic feel in this track (mostly first half) immediately made me think of it. The production is clean and crisp, sounds really good.

Micawber - Could discern some original and fresh ideas here. Some catchy riffs and good playing in all instruments. Vocals work well. Though, mixing is much less appealing in this one than in Beta Reach. Drums are way low, and the whole song feels like it needs to be brought "closer" to the headphones, get some more clarity. Clearly much potential in the song itself so I would really be interested in hearing it with improved mixing!

Feel free to check out my instrumental:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...t=mahogany+vibe
Splitvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
JDmino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TidalReach
Live it sounds a lot better but the microphone we use to record cant cope with my vocals if i do them too powerful. Apparently my voice as a LOAD of treble so the recordings distort incredibly easy and its REALLY hard to fix. For that scream I had to stand in the opposite corner of my room and face the corner and floor and do it and it still kinda distorted....it's pretty hard >.<. But thank you for the feedback!

@aaron The first song on the EP setlist is purely an instrumental not a real track per sť. The outro to that track was also cut from the actual CD and the base riff inspired the song "what lies in store". Would probably be better to check out one of the other songs. I'll check your link out though!


If that's the case, send us a live video or something. I want to hear it.
JDmino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.