Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
varundbest

Arrow Gary Moore - The Loner!

So i made this small cover, its not that great... just wanted some tips on how to play better, it seems kinda off to me.... I want to sound better

Gary Moore - The Loner

And yeah, i know i suck....
varundbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Goochster

Ok

I'm not sure what stage you're at with your guitar but I'm guessing that this might be quite a difficult piece at this time.

Well done for giving it a bash. The part of the the track that you have attempted isn't bad. Don't put yourself down with the "I suck" stuff. We all started somewhere.

The tone isn't great but it is difficult to replicate a tone of someone like Gary Moore. Especially in this track as he uses his whammy bar quite a bit. There are also some timing issues in there but with a bit of time I'm sure you'll sort that.

Just, practise, practise, practise and more practise.

Well done for trying. Keep it up!
Goochster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
varundbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goochster
Ok

I'm not sure what stage you're at with your guitar but I'm guessing that this might be quite a difficult piece at this time.

Well done for giving it a bash. The part of the the track that you have attempted isn't bad. Don't put yourself down with the "I suck" stuff. We all started somewhere.

The tone isn't great but it is difficult to replicate a tone of someone like Gary Moore. Especially in this track as he uses his whammy bar quite a bit. There are also some timing issues in there but with a bit of time I'm sure you'll sort that.

Just, practise, practise, practise and more practise.

Well done for trying. Keep it up!

Thanks man i know i wasnt getting the actual feel of the song.... Plus i didnt used my processor and was only using overdrive if my marshal amp lol! Its feeling more like a sax!! Haha....
varundbest is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: