Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
JWG2007

Dissilusion - Metal Song (C4C)

Hey guys, this is a song I wrote over the past couple of days! Please tell me what you think!
Also, C4C as always!

Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Invisus
UG's Roope

Reminds me of early Opeth, sick riffing. Guitar tone sounds nice, so do the drums. Snare is a little too loud, and might be a little too "poppy" sounding. Overall good job, this was a cool throwback.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...33#post30634433

Last edited by Invisus : 11-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Invisus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Drummerrrrr?
Howdy, howdy, howdy

Sounds good buuuut that acoustic guitar neeeeeds to be miced! I'm really not a fan of acoustic guitar pickups. Snare is a tad too poppy and is sitting too high in the mix. Guitars are nice and super tight but the tone sounds very Line 6-ey. Nice writing!

www.lachlancresswell.com
Drummerrrrr? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

I would put a Stereo mic set on that Acoustic guitar. Your riffs are very nice. As Invisus said, sounds like early Opeth. Turn the snare down though, if you're using a drum machine; it's too poppy. Guitars are well done.

Anyway, I'm gonna tag you later on for a crit. I'm waiting on a Guitar Link before I can make decent recordings. (Mic-In is bad; that's the lesson I learned. )

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
SchmifftyFive
newb....unfortunately

All of the parts sound fantastic, although I think they repeat themselves a little too much. If this song were, perhaps, 4:00 minutes long, I think you would have a much more potent piece of music on your hands. Again, all of the components sound great, and I'm SUPREMELY jealous of your guitar playing; I'd kill to be able to riff like that!

Just my two cents. Keep doing what you're doing man, sounds great!

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
SchmifftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
guitarwarrior96

The acustic guitar needs to be miced, that would sound better, The snare is more loud than it should be, Let me guess.... Toontrack DFH?.
Overall A good solid song,a bit opeth-ish for my taste, though is not bad at all. Is just that it reminds me opeth, a lot, especially blackwater park
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1575493

Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses
guitarwarrior96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmifftyFive
All of the parts sound fantastic, although I think they repeat themselves a little too much. If this song were, perhaps, 4:00 minutes long, I think you would have a much more potent piece of music on your hands. !

Well, that depends on whether TS is planning on adding vocals & lyrics later on. If not, then I can see your point about shortening it.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #8
JWG2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerrrrr?
Guitars are nice and super tight but the tone sounds very Line 6-ey. Nice writing!

Thanks man! Kinda strange though seeing as I didn't use a Line 6 amp though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I would put a Stereo mic set on that Acoustic guitar. Your riffs are very nice. As Invisus said, sounds like early Opeth. Turn the snare down though, if you're using a drum machine; it's too poppy. Guitars are well done.

Anyway, I'm gonna tag you later on for a crit. I'm waiting on a Guitar Link before I can make decent recordings. (Mic-In is bad; that's the lesson I learned. )

Thanks! I plan on re-recording the acoustic with a mic, I was just trying to record the acoustic as quickly as possible haha. I'm looking forward to hearing your work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmifftyFive
All of the parts sound fantastic, although I think they repeat themselves a little too much. If this song were, perhaps, 4:00 minutes long, I think you would have a much more potent piece of music on your hands. Again, all of the components sound great, and I'm SUPREMELY jealous of your guitar playing; I'd kill to be able to riff like that!

Just my two cents. Keep doing what you're doing man, sounds great!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Hopefully with vocals it won't seem quite as repetitive. I'm in the process of writing lyrics for this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwarrior96
The acustic guitar needs to be miced, that would sound better, The snare is more loud than it should be, Let me guess.... Toontrack DFH?.
Overall A good solid song,a bit opeth-ish for my taste, though is not bad at all. Is just that it reminds me opeth, a lot, especially blackwater park
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1575493

The drums are from The Metal Foundry, thanks for the crit!

Rate This Thread: