Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
guitarwarrior96
Registered User
 
guitarwarrior96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: México
In Waves -Trivium Cover (No BackTrack)[C4C]

http://youtu.be/sm6qSLMuCkw

PLEASE DON'T BE TOO HARD ABOUT MY VOCALS, YEAH I KNOW, I SUCK AT SINGING, BUT BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF ONE, I HAD TO MURDER THE GOOD VOCALS FROM MATT
This is my full cover (guitar,bass,drums,vocals) of In Waves By Trivium. It is a quite easy but fun to play song nothing else to say here
Everything was recorded By me , The Guy in the video(guitar,Bass,etc.)
Equipment Used:
Cheap Ibanez GIO guitar
Pod Farm 2.5 Platinum
Red Wire Mesa cabinet impulses
Ik Multimedia Stealth Pedal CS
Superior Drumer 2.0.3
Studio One 2
A cheap Samson Q1U USB Mic
And a Cheap Fujifilm JX550 Camera
Greetings from México ^w^
__________________
Quote:
"Una vez invitados a ejercer el escrutinio crítico, será demasiado tarde para volver a recurrir a la fe ciega."


Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses

Last edited by guitarwarrior96 : 11-22-2012 at 05:09 PM.
guitarwarrior96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
rustausa
Hola 7
 
rustausa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pdale, CA
Awesome cover! Ill be honest, I haven't heard the original (yet), but I think you did an awesome job with all the instruments. I like the sound, you got the rhythm down tight, I can hear all the instruments cleanly etc. The only thing I'd work on is the vocals but you have mentioned it already. What program did you use for the video editing if you don't mind me asking?
Keep up the great work!

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1574188
__________________
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
rustausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
guitarwarrior96
Registered User
 
guitarwarrior96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: México
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustausa
Awesome cover! Ill be honest, I haven't heard the original (yet), but I think you did an awesome job with all the instruments. I like the sound, you got the rhythm down tight, I can hear all the instruments cleanly etc. The only thing I'd work on is the vocals but you have mentioned it already. What program did you use for the video editing if you don't mind me asking?
Keep up the great work!

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1574188

Thank you.
yeah i am not a singer.... AT ALL, it is totally embarassing for my to ruin the vocals, specially the good ones like In Waves but i think that for most of the people, a instrumental cover is boring , otherwise i would just record instrumental covers XD
__________________
Quote:
"Una vez invitados a ejercer el escrutinio crítico, será demasiado tarde para volver a recurrir a la fe ciega."


Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses
guitarwarrior96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
rustausa
Hola 7
 
rustausa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pdale, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwarrior96
Thank you.
yeah i am not a singer.... AT ALL, it is totally embarassing for my to ruin the vocals, specially the good ones like In Waves but i think that for most of the people, a instrumental cover is boring , otherwise i would just record instrumental covers XD

You don't have to record music for other people you know! If you wanted to record stuff to satisfy the most people, you would be doing pop covers using only 4 chords and have lyrics that make NO sense at all! Play and record stuff because you love it! So ya, keep up the good work dude, and have fun doing doing it!
__________________
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
rustausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
ElGrecco
Registered User
 
ElGrecco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
So despite the vocals the cover was rly good man! the tone was pretty nice and ur use of the effects was tight too + u nailed the solos
for the vocals: u should watch some tutorials because u could rly damage ur voice if u try to do screams that way!
other than very nice cover man!

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1573723

by the way i did a cover of all solos off the in waves album if you wanna check it out in my channel

Last edited by ElGrecco : 11-23-2012 at 01:43 PM.
ElGrecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
guitarwarrior96
Registered User
 
guitarwarrior96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: México
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGrecco
So despite the vocals the cover was rly good man! the tone was pretty nice and ur use of the effects was tight too + u nailed the solos
for the vocals: u should watch some tutorials because u could rly damage ur voice if u try to do screams that way!
other than very nice cover man!

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1573723

by the way i did a cover of all solos off the in waves album if you wanna check it out in my channel

OMFG You are "Elgrecc00", dude you are such a legend, seriously. even Misha and Periphery did put your solos cover on their pages on Facebook.
Thanks a lot dude .
about the vocals.... yeah you are right, i don't have intentions of record a cover with vocals in a long ,long time. probably i will record instrumental covers from now on ^w^
__________________
Quote:
"Una vez invitados a ejercer el escrutinio crítico, será demasiado tarde para volver a recurrir a la fe ciega."


Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses

Last edited by guitarwarrior96 : 11-23-2012 at 03:06 PM.
guitarwarrior96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #7
ashuk1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
good attempt but regarding the screaming vocals, sounds like your gonna **** up your voice if you keep doing it that way! you need to use your diaphragm so it doesnt rip your throat up. Go watch some how to videos they explain it alot better!

and can you check out my cover of shattering the skies above? and my own stuff if you enjoy the cover!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mantheash?feature=mhee
ashuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.