Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy

Fast Track 8R or Eleven Rack

Hi guys, I'm going to school in a couple of years, so I need to submit a recording with my application and stuff. We have a recording studio at school, but I don't want to take my guitar everyday and bring it back home to record. I need to buy Pro Tools regardless, so I may as well get something to record with at home.

I looked at the Fast Track 8R and the Eleven Rack. My issue with the Fast Track is I don't actually need all the inputs. I'll be recording with the gear listed in my sig. Nothing else. All non-guitar/vocal recording will be done at school.

I considered the Eleven Rack because it comes with Pro Tools 10, and it's only like $1300 in Canada, which is a pretty nice deal in my eyes. The issues I have with it are, I'm not familiar with that sort of thing. Would I just plug my guitar into the 11 Rack, then plug the 11 Rack into my computer, boot up Pro Tools and be set to record? Would I jsut do the same thing, plug in headphones and be set to play without disturbing my parents downstairs? Or would I need a separate powered amp/monitors to go with it? Would I be able to theoretically run it through my current JSX head, into my 4x12, and have it produce sound? I've read that putting it through the effects loop return works and it turns my half stack into a monster power amp for the 11 Rack.

Tl;dr? 11 Rack or Fast Track. Opinions? Alternatives.
I'm not looking to sell any gear, just wanting an interface for strictly guitar and vocal recording
Axe-FX is a no go, I'll say that right now.

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us... [/SIZE]

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Charvel1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Check eBay for the Eleven Rack, you should be able to get them for $600 USD. That's probably what id go with
Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy

I've done a little more research and found that Eleven Rack may not be my best choice.

The crossgrade from LE - PT 10 is $400, making the used system on ebay that I've found roughly $1000, so I may as well pay the extra could hundred and just get a new system and 10 to start.

The Fast Track requires the same upgrade, but it only starts at $499 used, and I have 8in 8out I believe.

Anyone got alternatives for me to consider?

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us... [/SIZE]

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Charvel1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvel1995
I've done a little more research and found that Eleven Rack may not be my best choice.

The crossgrade from LE - PT 10 is $400, making the used system on ebay that I've found roughly $1000, so I may as well pay the extra could hundred and just get a new system and 10 to start.

The Fast Track requires the same upgrade, but it only starts at $499 used, and I have 8in 8out I believe.

Anyone got alternatives for me to consider?
A different DAW?

Pro Tools really isn't a good choice for home/project studios, so unless you really need the experience with it, I'd go with something cheaper like Reaper or Sonar X2 Essential.

The Eleven Rack is an excellent bit of kit, if you can find one used you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
A different DAW?

Pro Tools really isn't a good choice for home/project studios, so unless you really need the experience with it, I'd go with something cheaper like Reaper or Sonar X2 Essential.

The Eleven Rack is an excellent bit of kit, if you can find one used you'll have a lot of fun with it.

With the Eleven Rack, you've gotta use Pro Tools or you aren't going to be able to use the Eleven Plugin which defeats the purpose of it.

Rate This Thread: