Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Ed Roman is a fantastically marvellous ****wit. He's considered a joke to anyone in the industry - that's why he's so bitter and spiteful towards every company even marginally larger than him, by the way - and shouldn't be listened to or bought from. The guitars he puts out are constructed well, but his original inventions are plagued with basic design flaws inspired by completely misguided theory (most of which is contrary to what other brands make simply for the sake of being contrary) and his copies of other manufacturer's products are a mixture of inferior to barely-equal at massively inflated prices.
He would tell you grass is purple if Gibson said it was green. He's completely barmy.

If you want a terrible-handling pointy guitar that you'll grow out of and trash by this time next year, do yourself a favour and just look up the offerings from BC Rich, Washburn, Jackson, Dean and the like. At least that way you won't be pissing away quite as much money. Even if you want a really top-quality pointy guitar and are willing to spend big bucks on it, go contact the ESP Custom Shop or local luthiers before you look twice at an Ed Roman creation.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble
Ed Roman is a fantastically marvellous ****wit. He's considered a joke to anyone in the industry - that's why he's so bitter and spiteful towards every company even marginally larger than him, by the way - and shouldn't be listened to or bought from. The guitars he puts out are constructed well, but his original inventions are plagued with basic design flaws inspired by completely misguided theory (most of which is contrary to what other brands make simply for the sake of being contrary) and his copies of other manufacturer's products are a mixture of inferior to barely-equal at massively inflated prices.
He would tell you grass is purple if Gibson said it was green. He's completely barmy.

Not anymore. He's dead.

He's probably telling Jesus how to build guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
Darkdevil725
UG Freak

Thats a pretty wicked guitar. I love the concept but I think the body shape could be improved a lot. Reminds me of the bc rich evil edge mockingbird.

My site for helping those with a low budget find good gear.
Best Budget Guitarist
Also my bad youtube channel.
Guess That Riff
Darkdevil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghobby
They are pretty unique guitars. Ignore the haters, decent art should always invoke some emotion good or bad.

You are looking at a minimum of $2200US.

Behave, I've shat more artistic creations than that eye sore.

Knock a zero off the price and I might consider it. Maybe another zero. And the twos.
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
ghobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesbanez
Behave, I've shat more artistic creations than that eye sore.

LOL, thats good

You have to admit it does get a response, either people really hate it or they really like it(more hate), and probably nobody has even played it.
ghobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
Not anymore. He's dead.

He's probably telling Jesus how to build guitars.
I think it says a lot about his legacy that I forgot he'd died, what, over a year ago now? And that people within the industry still have nothing nice to say about him and his company tones down any mention of him.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #27
MetalMike676

Avoid Roman and anything he touches or says like the plague.

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
MetalMike676 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: