Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  

Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2007
Help on Input jack for US strat!

I recently purchased a loaded pick guard for my strat and kinda forgot which were the ground and hot wires on the jack. There is a white and a black one.

Also on the inside was a screw which was holding a blank black wire which wasn't really connected to anything but the middle tone pot. I'm assuming my friend who modded didn't realize or that it's just an extra bit of wire. Can someone help me?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
nivlarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Please, call me Pig.
W4RP1G's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
The lead connected to the tip is the hot, and the other(usually called the ring) is the ground. If you're too lazy to take off the jack plate and look, I would guess that white means hot and black means ground.

I'm not sure what the screw you're talking about is, but if I had to guess, I'd say that it grounds the cavity(assuming it's insulated with conductive paint or foil).
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.