Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
TekGecko

Unhappy RSI in fretting hand :(

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry in advance if it isn't. Had a great jamming session with a friend at the weekend for about 7 hours, got some really nice stuff recorded but come Monday I picked up my acoustic for some practice and the tendons on the back of my hand were on fire with pain.

I stopped playing for a day or two to see if my hand would get better which it did at first but I picked up for a 30 minute session yesterday and this morning my hand really hurts again.

My question is how long do you think I need to rest before I can play again? Oh and just to add its not my technique or the way I'm holding the guitar. I play like everyone else and have done for about two years now with no problems.

Thanks.
TekGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Go see a doctor.

No, seriously, go see a doctor.

We are not qualified health professionals and frankly even if we were trying to diagnose over the internet is irresponsible. If you have any doubts about the health of your hands go to someone who can examine you in person and see what they have to say; anything else is taking a chance with your health.

So: go see a doctor. Ignore anyone who says anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
TekGecko

Hmm OK thanks will go get it checked out as it is kinda worrying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Go see a doctor.

No, seriously, go see a doctor.

We are not qualified health professionals and frankly even if we were trying to diagnose over the internet is irresponsible. If you have any doubts about the health of your hands go to someone who can examine you in person and see what they have to say; anything else is taking a chance with your health.

So: go see a doctor. Ignore anyone who says anything else.
TekGecko is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: