Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #21
semus
Mr.

About playing without a bass player - there are lots of solutions, you just have to be creative and find whats best for you (ofcourse, it usually just means getting a bass player).
Ive seen a couple of bands that are just a guitar player/singer and a drummer, and the guitar
was plugged in both a guitar player with distortion or whatever, but also plugged in a bass amp, so that the guitars comes out of 2 amps.
the bass amp doens't make it come out sounding like a bass guitar, but if you use the EQ right, it can definitely fill the blank space left by not using a bass guitar.

and i bet there are tons of other ways you can go.

my band - The Real Go-Getters - ty
semus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #22
stanadon

thansk for all your responses i'm really gratefull and i've got a lot to think about, you can check out my bands progress at 365daystorecognition.blogspot.com
stanadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
noisenotmusic

it really depends on the sound you go for and the music you play. Some bands definitely have a huge added element to the bass aspect. In my more recent song writing i've been trying to work on more active bass lines for example with less focus on the guitar, but there's a lot of stuff i write and play that's very much guitar driven with the pass being more a rhythmic instrument with the drums.

There's a lot of bands who get away with no bass, and a lot of bands who absolutely need it for their overall sound. Guitar players making up for the lack of bass will usually have to strongly consider the chords they play, their setup, etc to add more bass presence into their music if you go without one.
noisenotmusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: