Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Matthew Kane, are you going to get back to music theory anytime soon?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
amonamarthmetal

^Pompous douche-bag

My 2cents

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewKane
Tl;Dr

This has been fun, and it's always nice to speak with someone who thinks they know everything while having absolutely zero experience in life. You have got be 14. I really have to get back to filming. I suggest if you wanted to go further in your music career that you stop priding yourself on "flawless victories" and then peel your ass from the chair that it has most likely fused to like an extremely irritating vine of ivy you've tried to burn from your house in the same way you'd furiously try to torch an HPV wart, and get out into the world and attempt to apply some of this alleged theory that you know.

To me, you are a joke, a funny, funny joke, that never stops being funny, and causes pain in your diaphragm, and uncontrollable coughing fits leading to painful stomach cramps that end up giving you explosive diarrhea that requires you to work extra hours at your job due to the tremendous expenses you are now incurring by needing the Tidy Bowl man to bring a chisel to your bed pan you call a restroom.

Funny though, if you like to know what you are playing but you can't play to save yourself from choking on a fart in a paper bag that got stuck on your head after someone told you that an unsolicited YouTube link was written on the bottom of the inside of the bag. Then what value does all that knowledge have? Zero.

Another flawless victory for Trolltron Cop 3000 III. Indeed.

Wow. Just wow dude. You really went there, huh? Ah well, that's cool, nice to know for sure you have nothing else to say rather than you just go away and have any doubt in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven seagull
Zaphod wins...flawless victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freepower
Another flawless victory for Zaph!

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath

Location: there ain't no doubt in my mind, i'm gonna stomp all over your test of time.
Quote:
No, I'm someone who has worked really hard, lived in a tent, and has been homeless for 12 of the last 24 months so that I could experience and learn the things I know. When people come along that have no understanding of that and attack a guy who is about to go sleep outside in the rain in an attempt to catch glimpses of the real experience of homeless people so that we can hopefully begin to end the national nightmare we have in The United States, only to log on to find that some jerk has insulted me for no reason while not understanding that the general public - when viewing a Google link - is not going to read the TOU of the forum but simply see the statement that I am bother people in music stores and possibly effect the sales figures for my upcoming film, it tends to piss a guy off.

I've been homeless, REAL homeless not your bs extended camping trip. You really want to know what its like, sell everything you own but what you can carry on your back and start walking.
Cover of the NIN classic Head like a hole.
z4twenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #25
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

You are an incredible piece of work, you know that? These rants are bordering on art they're so creative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven seagull
Zaphod wins...flawless victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freepower
Another flawless victory for Zaph!

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
Fourfourforever

^ umm sir you're not playing in dorian mode that is just a minor scale with a raised 6th and no that is not a mixolydian mode that is just a major scale with a flattened 7th. SIR its going to be allllrightt now ok..... SIR STOP IT you're not playing lydian mode right now that is just a regular old major scale with raised 4th here take this pill welcome to mt sir it'll all be better very soon.
Fourfourforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
Fourfourforever

actually i feel bad for you now, do you not have family or friends to at least sleep at night.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
Fourfourforever

well sir i do have a soul and i wish you well on your project and endeavors stay safe.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #29
Fourfourforever

i do love you and i admire your adversity and drive for awareness of the ever increasing number of homeless people out there but you need to find a shelter you need to look for help programs from people that are out there to help the homeless already not the people at bars or on the streets they are not going to help you they have their own lives you need to get on your feet get a part time job anywhere and i do mean anywhere walk in there if you have to and explain your position to the employeer wash dishes whatever, and keep working the music thing you got talent.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #30
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Quote:
Probably not. I'm pretty busy composing a dodecahedral tone set score for my film. I'm working on applying the mathematical structures of the reversals, and inversions right now to a quartet of four guitars, thus creating a deeply psychologically unsettling score for the film.

When I do, you'll be the first to know.

I actually meant in this thread. All your counter arguments consist of how great you are, which has no bearing on the harmonic context of a song.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #31
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

These posts aren't meant to be anything personal or insulting so don't take them that way. We should be talking about theory (for example incorrect way of using the word "modes"), not your playing skills or life story.

People aren't trying to insult you but you are taking the posts as insults. They were only talking about music theory.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c

Last edited by MaggaraMarine : 12-01-2012 at 07:57 AM.
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #32
Hail
kill both bass players

this thread is hilarious, too bad i was working all day/night and missed out on the laugh factory
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #33
jayx124

Its common mistake to confuse the CST (chord scale theory) definition of "modes" with the actual meaning of modes. This has been covered here so many times.
jayx124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #34
Xiaoxi
Indeed.

Quote:
Probably not. I'm pretty busy composing a dodecahedral tone set score for my film. I'm working on applying the mathematical structures of the reversals, and inversions right now to a quartet of four guitars, thus creating a deeply psychologically unsettling score for the film.

lol

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #35
GoldenGuitar

Quote:

There's are so many things wrong with this post.
GoldenGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #36
EmilGD
Unregistered User

Someone's trolling...
EmilGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #37
Fourfourforever

^ dude really lol you're starting to get even more pathetic
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #38
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #39
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

^Hey. You said you decided last night you were going to make a film about forum bully, and so it's been in the works for 6 months?

Quote:
I decided last night I am going to make a film about forum bullying. I'm using this and other forums as examples. If UG wants to leave my posts up all it will provide is proof for my film.

That's the post, now explain yourself.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #40
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Cmon dude. You are just taking these posts as insults. And you are making the situation worse. Again, this thread isn't about your guitar skills, it's about music theory. And we aren't saying we are better guitarists than you, the thread is not about it so if you don't have anything to say about the topic, go away. We don't want to hear your life story.

Also you can't justify your misunderstandings in music theory by saying that you are better guitarist than whoever in this forum. That just makes the situation worse. You also called somebody a 14 year old and ignored his reply. (I advise you to read the reply, post #27.)

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c

Last edited by MaggaraMarine : 12-01-2012 at 03:29 PM.
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: