Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #81
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewKane
I Googled him. I'm 36. So his album came out when I was a junior in high school. I have been a metal head all of my life, and at no point, at any time have I ever heard his name.

I know you hadn't heard of him, that's why I posted an explanation on who he is.

Does it matter if you've heard him or not, though?

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #82
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
I know you hadn't heard of him, that's why I posted an explanation on who he is.

Does it matter if you've heard him or not, though?

Yes, it does matter. You were comparing me to him, and from what I can see his time came and went years ago. He got signed in the 90's. My shot is coming right now. He's had 20 years to work and build a career. I have been making films for just over two years. I'm not the end of my career. I am at the start, still making sacrifices, and how the hell would you know if has a home or not?? lol
MatthewKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #83
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Yes, it does matter. You were comparing me to him, and from what I can see his time came and went years ago. He got signed in the 90's. My shot is coming right now. He's had 20 years to work and build a career. I have been making films for just over two years. I'm not the end of my career. I am at the start, still making sacrifices, and how the hell would you know if has a home or not?? lol

I didn't compare him to you in any way. You said:

Quote:
All of the guitarists you know and love are sitting in motels right now.

So, I mentioned how a guitarist I am very fond of doesn't seem to be doing that. I guess a younger, just starting up guitarist would have been a better pick, but you didn't specify that.

I don't know if he has one or not, but you act like you do. This is all completely beside the point of this thread anyway, and all you've done is bring up your life story to get pity from the people arguing against you. The reason people aren't giving you special treatment is because it doesn't matter within this context.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #84
TheHydra

I feel like this guy is putting an absurd amount of effort into parodying someone.
TheHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #85
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
I didn't compare him to you in any way. You said:

So, I mentioned how a guitarist I am very fond of doesn't seem to be doing that. I guess a younger, just starting up guitarist would have been a better pick, but you didn't specify that.

I don't know if he has one or not, but you act like you do. This is all completely beside the point of this thread anyway, and all you've done is bring up your life story to get pity from the people arguing against you. The reason people aren't giving you special treatment is because it doesn't matter within this context.

WAIT WHAT? I COMPARED MYSELF TO OTHER GUITARISTS AND THEN YOU NAME ONE BUT YOURE NOT COMPARING ME TO HIM MY HEAD JUST IMPLODED AND EXPLODED AT THE SAME TO IT WAS AMAZING

AS FAR AS SYMPATHY I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT SYMPATHY BUT SINCE NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN HOMELESS I THINK YOU MEANT EMPATHY AND I DONT WANT THAT EITHER

WHAT I WANT IS PUSSY LOTS AND LOTS OF PUSSY ESPECIALLY FROM THAT KIDS MOM THAT DOESNT HAVE AN ASSHOLE
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #86
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

10/10

Would feed again.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #87
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Can we get a mercy killing for this thread?

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #88
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
Can we get a mercy killing for this thread?

Hey, rainy northwest, I just filmed all the people up there you are too busy trolling this thread to help, what a small world!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #89
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHydra
I feel like this guy is putting an absurd amount of effort into parodying someone.

I type about 100 words a minute, it's really not that much work.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #90
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
Can we get a mercy killing for
this thread?

I dunno, it's pretty entertaining.

Also this thread made me realise I too am homeless, as I merely pay money for a property that belongs to someone else.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #91
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
Hey, rainy northwest, I just filmed all the people up there you are too busy trolling this thread to help, what a small world!!!

The NW is a big place.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #92
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath

Location: there ain't no doubt in my mind, i'm gonna stomp all over your test of time.
Quote:
SINCE NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN HOMELESS

I've been homeless, but it wasn't like you, it was REAL homeless. No computer, camera or monthly stipend. It was going weeks without eating and sleeping in parks, alleys and a myriad of less than adequate places during the hottest parts of a Texas summer. I'm glad you're showing your true colors.
Cover of the NIN classic Head like a hole.
z4twenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #93
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Can we please ban this guy!!

He's just making his own situation worse.

And we are not interested in your personal life. Let's talk about the topic or go away.

And have you seen the TS posting anything in this thread lately? I have seen like two posts from him in this whole thread.

So shut up about being homeless. Nobody cares. Go and talk about it in The Pit forum. This is about music theory only. And no, we haven't googled the information or anything.

Back to the topic: Even if you were talking about scale shapes, it's stupid to call them modes because you are still playing the same scale. Also same theory applies to all of the instruments. When you play piano for example, there are no scale shapes. You are just playing C major or whatever all the time. So why call the shapes modes when you are in the key of C major? I mean, they really are modes but not in that context. If you are using modes, it's because of the chord progression behind, not what notes you play. If you were playing chromatic scale over G major progression, you would still be playing in G major. Use your common sense and don't argue that we get all of the information from Wikipedia. (And even if we did get it from Wikipedia, does it matter? Wikipedia is pretty accurate, at least if the article is popular that the music theory articles are. It has all the sources marked and it says if it lacks sources.) And by using common sense I mean: It's just easier to say that you are playing G major all the time. You don't need any other names. It's just "extended G major" if you want to call it that. You are just playing it in different octaves and different parts of the neck. Calling them modes just confuses people. They think they are different scales. And we have noticed that. Everybody's asking what modes you can play over A minor.

The argument would be much better if you were for example arguing about this song. If it's modal or not. But we have heard that kind of arguments hundreds of times so let's not talk about that either.

Everybody's making fun of you for a reason: You are making fool of yourself. OK, that's not a good reason but really look at your posts. There's also a fault in yourself.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c

Last edited by MaggaraMarine : 12-02-2012 at 06:04 AM.
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #94
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
I dunno, it's pretty entertaining.

Also this thread made me realise I too am homeless, as I merely pay money for a property that belongs to someone else.

Apparently since I can't get home right now either so am I... I had no idea. This has been truly enlightening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #95
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4twenny
I've been homeless, but it wasn't like you, it was REAL homeless. No computer, camera or monthly stipend. It was going weeks without eating and sleeping in parks, alleys and a myriad of less than adequate places during the hottest parts of a Texas summer. I'm glad you're showing your true colors.

*sigh

In 2003 I had two things happen to me. First I was in a car accident in which I broke all of my ribs, cracked my sternum, shattered my right hand - on top of already shattering part of my left hand when I was 18 - was in bed for about 6 months. The day I got out of bed I went into the downtown area of my home and a cop beat me half to death in the street, broke my C5 vertibrea, which left me with nerve damage, fibromyalgia, and reflex sympathetic dystophy in my right foot. It took 6 years of recovery ot get to a point where I could function normally as a human being.

During that time I was homeless, when I was still having trouble walking. I remember sitting at a bus stop trying to open a can of soda and not being able to use my fingers because they had stopped working from the neck injury. I had to open the can with my mouth. I am still physically ill to this day. And with two hand shatterings, and a point where I wasn't able to move my hands, or feel them, it's a ****ing miracle that I can even make a C Chord let alone shred the way I do.

The laptop was given to me by Best Buy. The camera from a friend at a camera distributor, and my "monthly stipend" I had to suffer for almost 7 years of my life, while being someone that qualified as chronically homeless. You want to cry about ebing homeless in Texas? I was homeless - before I was a filmmaker - in Tucson, Arizona in August, in 117 weather. I was homeless without a camera for 4 months in Portland, Oregon in the dead of winter.

I caught pneumonia, after having hypothermia. I was half dead when someone scooped me off the street and gave me a second chance at life. I then became a filmmaker. That was two years ago.

You want to know about true colors?

You got off the street, and now you sit in a ****ing forum trolling. I got off the street, had some success, and then gave up everything I had to go back on the street for 6 months of my life to help homeless people. I think those two fact determine which one of us is showing their true colors.

All of the above is public record and part of my story which has been public for a long time. I am someone who overcame a crippling disability which being homeless and made good. It's the reasons I have been given so many opportunites.

Please take your little 3 weeks on the street story and stick straight up your ass. You know nothing of real suffering. You don't know what it's like to stare at your guitar that you used to be able ****ing shred and not be able to play it because your hands don't work correctly. You can keep attacking me all you want but all you keep doing is making assumptions that turn out to be deeply wrong.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #96
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
Can we please ban this guy!!

He's just making his own situation worse.

And we are not interested in your personal life. Let's talk about the topic or go away.

And have you seen the TS posting anything in this thread lately? I have seen like two posts from him in this whole thread.

So shut up about being homeless. Nobody cares. Go and talk about it in The Pit forum. This is about music theory only. And no, we haven't googled the information or anything.

Back to the topic: Even if you were talking about scale shapes, it's stupid to call them modes because you are still playing the same scale. Also same theory applies to all of the instruments. When you play piano for example, there are no scale shapes. You are just playing C major or whatever all the time. So why call the shapes modes when you are in the key of C major? I mean, they really are modes but not in that context. If you are using modes, it's because of the chord progression behind, not what notes you play. If you were playing chromatic scale over G major progression, you would still be playing in G major. Use your common sense and don't argue that we get all of the information from Wikipedia. (And even if we did get it from Wikipedia, does it matter? Wikipedia is pretty accurate, at least if the article is popular that the music theory articles are. It has all the sources marked and it says if it lacks sources.) And by using common sense I mean: It's just easier to say that you are playing G major all the time. You don't need any other names. It's just "extended G major" if you want to call it that. You are just playing it in different octaves and different parts of the neck. Calling them modes just confuses people. They think they are different scales. And we have noticed that. Everybody's asking what modes you can play over A minor.

The argument would be much better if you were for example arguing about this song. If it's modal or not. But we have heard that kind of arguments hundreds of times so let's not talk about that either.

Everybody's making fun of you for a reason: You are making fool of yourself. OK, that's not a good reason but really look at your posts. There's also a fault in yourself.

Actually, since there is a feature length film being made about all this, and this post has generated over 1000 views - more than any other post posted on the same day - I'd say you are statistically wrong about no one caring. You have zero understanding of the necessity of the modes, and the shapes associated with those modes. They are different scales - literally - and if you knew how to apply those different scales you might understand why they are necessary. Also, stop spamming the forum with unsolicited links. Trolltron Cop 3000 might get a boner and have to flag you.

As far as yours or anyone else's opinion of me. I don't give a ****. I reaaallly don't give a ****, at all. You can clearly see that.

*I also know why they haven't banned me.

Last edited by MatthewKane : 12-02-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #97
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Apparently since I can't get home right now either so am I... I had no idea. This has been truly enlightening.

I'm sure your mom can come pick you up. You live with her right? She pays your bills while you jerk off to Lita Ford posters that have been hanging on your wall since 1983.

I figuring you left because you were so mad that your mom put bleach in the washer when your black metal shirts were in there that you were gunna run away and never come home CAUSE I'LL SHOW HER but then you realised that since you have never had to fend for yourself that it was close to dinner so you better get home or else you might starve.

Sorry station identification we'll be right back folks:

Have you been feeling not so fresh lately? Why not try douche? Here is a message from Sir Captain Suck Troll Tron 3000 - who IS a douche - to tell you why you should wash your pussy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfkg...BJctHaQVRDHmbAQ

Nice, killer commercial. Though, I'm not sure how you landed it since the only pussy you get is when the cat goes into heat. I think though you could have made a lot more if you had sold that film to a sleeping pill company, or maybe for a PSA on the results of lobotomy.

When I was watching the video I kept waiting for your "mum" to yell DOUG YOUR FRIEND BOBBY IS HERE JUST KIDDING YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS I WISH YOU WOULD MOVE OUT AND STOP JERKING OFF INTO THE CATS LITTER BOX IT DOESNT WANT TO **** YOU

Last edited by MatthewKane : 12-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #98
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Ok I'll close this thread in the morning (Aussie morning). I invite closing arguments now.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #99
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
I'm sure your mom can come pick you up. You live with her right? She pays your bills while you jerk off to Lita Ford posters that have been hanging on your wall since 1983.

I figuring you left because you were so mad that your mom put bleach in the washer when your black metal shirts were in there that you were gunna run away and never come home CAUSE I'LL SHOW HER but then you realised that since you have never had to fend for yourself that it was close to dinner so you better get home or else you might starve.

Sorry station identification we'll be right back folks:

Have you been feeling not so fresh lately? Why not try douche? Here is a message from Sir Captain Suck Troll Tron 3000 - who IS a douche - to tell you why you should wash your pussy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfkg...BJctHaQVRDHmbAQ

Nice, killer commercial. Though, I'm not sure how you landed it since the only pussy you get is when the cat goes into heat. I think though you could have made a lot more if you had sold that film to a sleeping pill company, or maybe for a PSA on the results of lobotomy.

When I was watching the video I kept waiting for your "mum" to yell DOUG YOUR FRIEND BOBBY IS HERE JUST KIDDING YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS I WISH YOU WOULD MOVE OUT AND STOP JERKING OFF INTO THE CATS LITTER BOX IT DOESNT WANT TO **** YOU

Nice one man, oh you got me good

Incidentally: either I'm 14 or I've had posters on my wall since 1983, get your story straight dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #100
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
Ok I'll close this thread in the morning (Aussie morning). I invite closing arguments now.

My closing arguement:

Come check out I Am Sofa King High Right Now on Facebook www.facebook.com/sofakinghighbro

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll get to FINALLY get the **** away from Whacks Off WeezleBalls Troll Tron Cop 3000
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: