Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
growill

Buying new guitar, getting a deal on a fender DG31SCE, need advice

Hi everyone, i've always asked here before buying equipment and your opinions saved me a lot of troubles and made me get good deals i really enjoyed, so here I am again asking advice for an acoustic guitar. I'm buying them second-handed so I will obviously have to try them first, but at the moment the guitars i'm interested in are:

TAKAMINE EG523SC-B (400)
IBANEZ JSA5 signature (400 but I'd hope to drop that to at least 300 since 400 is the retail price)
YAMAHA APX700 (300 and i guess that's more of a safe buy for what i could read/here in various reviews)
and the last piece that was quite fascinating me was a FENDER DG31SCE with solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides at the good deal of 250. Back in 2000's the retail price for that was 799$ so i'm guessing that would be a good deal, but the thing is I've only tried really low-end fender acoustics and I never liked them, and i couldn't find a single review on this guitar, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me something about it.

As I said all these guitars are second-handed, so I'll definitely try them out before buying, but since they're all in different places and 30-60minutes drive i'd like to get an idea and eventually buy it straightforward if I won't find any major issue.
Also, i play a bit of everything but i'm more interested in playing blues on acoustic

Thank you in advance for your help! It's always really appreciated
growill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: