Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
TheSacredPixel

Need advice for customization.

So I've had this Gibson SG guitar (the same model as this one: http://images.gibson.com/Lifestyle/2012/gibson-sg.jpg) for a couple years now and I've wanted to add a bit more "flavour" in my sound. I am going to buy a new amp soon and probably change the pickups, but what I wanted to ask you guys about is changing the bridge. I want to replace the current one with one that has a tremolo bar, but I'm not quite sure about a couple of things: a) Can I replace it, and if yes, with which one(s)? b) What changes with the tremolo bar being there in terms of maintenance (like changing strings)? I know there are some, but not any details. So what do you guys recommend?
TheSacredPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

You would have to route your guitar for most to fit te tremolo, front and back. It would destroy the finish Ann resale value.

Look into a bigsby type tremolo with a roller bridge. Best bet for you. No routing needed.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
TheSacredPixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
You would have to route your guitar for most to fit te tremolo, front and back. It would destroy the finish Ann resale value.

Look into a bigsby type tremolo with a roller bridge. Best bet for you. No routing needed.

Anything more specific? For example are some of these okay? http://www.thomann.de/gr/bigsby_tremolos.html
Sorry for asking but I REALLY don't want to make an order that I'll regret later.
TheSacredPixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: