Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #41
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I have what appears to be the first submission.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Well, that was quick
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #43
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
 
Random3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I think technically I beat Cavalcade for first entry as mine was done last month but is being re-subbed.

Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #44
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
I guess so...


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
francesco18
galloping E|-0-0-0-0
 
francesco18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: House of Low Culture
I will do a cover of ''Isis - Maritime'', lower-intermediate guitar I think.
__________________
yo dawg, I heard you like masterpieces : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyX7vc0k5_k


Michael Gira in a nutshell
francesco18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #46
francesco18
galloping E|-0-0-0-0
 
francesco18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: House of Low Culture
+1 for Hatebreed choice, I love that song and that album (Phenomenon - UFO) is one of my all time faves.
__________________
yo dawg, I heard you like masterpieces : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyX7vc0k5_k


Michael Gira in a nutshell
francesco18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #47
Scowmoo
Fancykipz!
 
Scowmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California!
Gonna be entering vocals, as usual. Here's my entry until I record the video for it, which should be tomorrow.

Vocals/Other Follow The Signs - Born of Osiris

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/...all/play1151527
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
Jackal is like 90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Buy stock in Viagra. Imma gonna fuck you in the ass.
Scowmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #48
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Could I suggest mastering it (or normalizing it, at least) so it's loud enough?
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #49
Trowzaa
Banned
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
**** it, I might. Put me down for Bigmouth Strikes Again vocals.
Trowzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #50
Scowmoo
Fancykipz!
 
Scowmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Could I suggest mastering it (or normalizing it, at least) so it's loud enough?



If this is directed towards me, you have no idea how flattered I am.

All of the original vocals are bumped down to an almost inaudible volume (minus the left and right panned vocals) So all of what you hear is me.

If thats not what you meant, Sorry I suck at mixing XD
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
Jackal is like 90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Buy stock in Viagra. Imma gonna fuck you in the ass.

Last edited by Scowmoo : 12-03-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Scowmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #51
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I mean the whole thing. Normalize your vocals first, then mix accordingly.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #52
Scowmoo
Fancykipz!
 
Scowmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California!
Would you mind letting me know how to do that?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
Jackal is like 90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Buy stock in Viagra. Imma gonna fuck you in the ass.
Scowmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #53
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Charles said there was a Christmas version of this normally so if there isnt one, I'm gonna enter Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by The Darkness. Not sure if its in easy or intermediate.



EDIT: Dat face
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #54
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
 
Random3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scowmoo
Would you mind letting me know how to do that?



If you use a program like Audacity then there is a normalise function on the editor.

Normalising it will reduce the dynamic range of the audio, so there are no really loud bits next to really quiet bits. That way, when put over a backing track, the vocals will sound like they are at the correct volume for the whole song.

Slightly off topic, but I can't decide if I like Born of Osiris or not. They have some interesting melodic and rhythmic ideas, but at the same time every single guitar solo they have seems to be "look at me I can sweep pick hurr durr".

Last edited by Random3 : 12-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #55
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
Charles said there was a Christmas version of this normally so if there isnt one, I'm gonna enter Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by The Darkness. Not sure if its in easy or intermediate.



EDIT: Dat face


I'd say it's closer to easy. Awesome song choice though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
**** it, I might. Put me down for Bigmouth Strikes Again vocals.


Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scowmoo
Gonna be entering vocals, as usual. Here's my entry until I record the video for it, which should be tomorrow.

Vocals/Other Follow The Signs - Born of Osiris

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/...all/play1151527



Added


Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco18
+1 for Hatebreed choice, I love that song and that album (Phenomenon - UFO) is one of my all time faves.



Thanks man. Hopefully I don't wreck the song too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random3
If you use a program like Audacity then there is a normalise function on the editor.

Normalising it will reduce the dynamic range of the audio, so there are no really loud bits next to really quiet bits. That way, when put over a backing track, the vocals will sound like they are at the correct volume for the whole song.

Slightly off topic, but I can't decide if I like Born of Osiris or not. They have some interesting melodic and rhythmic ideas, but at the same time every single guitar solo they have seems to be "look at me I can sweep pick hurr durr".



Just let me know if you decide to change it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #56
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
 
Random3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Just let me know if you decide to change it.


I think you misread my post, I was replying to Scowmoo not talking about my entry
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #57
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random3
Normalising it will reduce the dynamic range of the audio, so there are no really loud bits next to really quiet bits. That way, when put over a backing track, the vocals will sound like they are at the correct volume for the whole song.

No it won't. That's compression. which is much more complicated. Normalization just sets the audio as loud as it can get without any compression. (And centers it, but that's not as important.)
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.

Last edited by Cavalcade : 12-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #58
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
 
Random3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
No it won't. That's compression. which is much more complicated. Normalization just sets the audio as loud as it can get without any compression. (And centers it, but that's not as important.)


Ah my bad, I do both at once which is why I got them mixed up.
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #59
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd say it's closer to easy. Awesome song choice though


I'm doing a gig with a friends band this weekend and at the practice last week, they played this and I thought it was their own version of this song and I didnt realise this song actually existed. Being listening to it non-stop I just couldnt say no to covering it

EDIT:

Quote:
Doctor Doctor - UFO (H4T3BR33D3R)


That takes me back to seeing Iron Maiden
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot

Last edited by leony03 : 12-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #60
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
 
Horsedick.MPEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buck Hill
I want to do Weezer's Burndt Jamb for easy.
__________________
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.