Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
 
DiminishedFifth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
New to recording and I need help getting started

So I got my POD HD500 a couple months ago and I finally got some of my tones to a place I like that fits in my recordings (example). Only problem is I have very little recording knowledge... any articles that I can read to get some basic recording advice, or books I can get? Or just general advice?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by juckfush
^ Your avatar has never been so uncomfortably suitable for your post content.

DiminishedFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
J-Dawg158
UG's Resident Dhampyr
 
J-Dawg158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
__________________
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
J-Dawg158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!
 
axemanchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Recording Magazine. www.recordingmag.com

Great magazine. Well-written in language that is easy to understand. Articles, product reviews, etc. written with the beginner, novice, and intermediate recording enthusiast in mind. Written and edited by real pros in the field.

CT
__________________
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
 
DiminishedFifth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thank you both for those links!

The first article helped a lot. Gave me at least a somewhat usable sound when I do record stuff...

And Chris? I'm totally getting a subscription to that magazine when I get a chance. January probably. Besides that, long time no see!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by juckfush
^ Your avatar has never been so uncomfortably suitable for your post content.

DiminishedFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!
 
axemanchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiminishedFifth
Thank you both for those links!

The first article helped a lot. Gave me at least a somewhat usable sound when I do record stuff...

And Chris? I'm totally getting a subscription to that magazine when I get a chance. January probably. Besides that, long time no see!


No prob! I had that magazine coming to me for probably five years. I stopped it a couple of years ago. I'm thinking of renewing again, it's that good.

CT
__________________
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.