Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
zebatov

Questions regarding UL of tabs

How do I submit a tab? Do the tabs get moderated? Because I see way too many God awful tabs for that to be the case.

I've been coming to this site since I can remember... I've been playing guitar for twelve years and haven't felt the need to sign up until yesterday.

I was looking for a tab by Strawhorse called "Atlanta". The one I saw was so horrific, I made it my mission to make a better tab and submit it to you guys. It's half finished and already looking amazing.

Please explain to me why there are so many bad tabs. It really makes it hard to find the ones that are decent.
zebatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

You can usually tell which are going to be the most accurate by looking at the ratings for each tab.

Tabs are moderated these days so hopefully only the better ones get posted, but that hasn't always been the case - in the early days of UG you could just post anything & it would get added no matter how accurate it was.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
zebatov

Right. The thing is, I think these people get their friends to vote their tabs up. Or even do it themselves. I've actually seen one occasion where the 5 star version of the song was single notes that were basically thrown into the tab, even for chords. And the 2 star version was perfect. So I never, ever rely on the ratings. In the case of the song I'm doing right now, the song has one rating of 5 stars and is entirely inaccurate.

How do I post my tab?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Of course people get friends to vote their tabs up! Why wouldn't you

On the main page there's a submit tab link to the right of the search bar. Go there.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
zebatov

Well, for the simple fact that if you can hear that your tab stinks, and doesn't sound anything like the song at all, you shouldn't be doing that. Let alone post it. It's just a headache for those looking for a good, well-written version of the song. It's honestly as if these people don't own a guitar or listen to the song while they're tabbing it. I'm not picking on anyone in specific, by the way. In case it comes across as that. This is just 12 years of searching highly-rated tabs, only to find that they really aren't that good.

I'll upload my version soon. I'm getting tired and lazy. So starting to cut corners in the tab, but doing my best to avoid it. I've been working on it for 10 hours solid. I don't know how long it takes to get posted, but you can go check out my version, and then the other guy's, and see what I mean. "Atlanta" by Strawhorse.

Thanks for the information!

Last edited by zebatov : 12-08-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #6
gxty12
Banned

Credibility will be restored with a less cheesy song in the near future. Replica Bags And Shoes For Sale
gxty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
liulugoommohome
Banned

That is one heck of a beautiful website you have there and the fantastic is lovely to boot. I really love the presentation and the story as a whole.

Rate This Thread: