Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
awesomo41894

Upon My Dying Day (New metal song C4C)

This is a song ive written over the past few days, i tried something new with the mixing (I messed with some eqing for the first time in a long time) and I THINK it sounds kinda cool. Any crit/advice on the mix would be appreciated. Any crit on the song would be appreciated as well. Im hoping to find someone to sing on this eventually.

Anyways, lemme know what u think!

http://soundcloud.com/awesomo41894/...re-song-12-3-12

as always Ill c4c!

Thanks,

Jake P
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
YgO
Registered Riffer

Hi, sounds pretty tight overall. Nice job!

I'm giving as honest a review as possible, as that's what I'd like in return if you can please. Recording, producing and mixing is NOT easy.

I do hear some static throughout the song, maybe coming from the guitar? You may want to check your cords to see where it's coming from or if you're doing DI, maybe it's getting interference from something else on same power strip?

Also, at about 1.28 - 1.29 could use maybe some bigger deeper toms for that roll?

A little more bass guitar and lower volume of guitar riffing might make it sound even a little heavier.

Great musicianship and guitar playing. Heavy sounding and tight for sure. Keep it up!

Can you please C4C? I've actually got 4 songs I just loaded, you don't have to do them all, but would appreciate any critique good AND bad. Also, who would you say we sound like? It's metal, but pretty experimental and crosses some genres.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=YgO...0virtual%20band

Thanks!
YgO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
awesomo41894

Quote:
Originally Posted by YgO
Hi, sounds pretty tight overall. Nice job!

I'm giving as honest a review as possible, as that's what I'd like in return if you can please. Recording, producing and mixing is NOT easy.

I do hear some static throughout the song, maybe coming from the guitar? You may want to check your cords to see where it's coming from or if you're doing DI, maybe it's getting interference from something else on same power strip?

Also, at about 1.28 - 1.29 could use maybe some bigger deeper toms for that roll?

A little more bass guitar and lower volume of guitar riffing might make it sound even a little heavier.

Great musicianship and guitar playing. Heavy sounding and tight for sure. Keep it up!

Can you please C4C? I've actually got 4 songs I just loaded, you don't have to do them all, but would appreciate any critique good AND bad. Also, who would you say we sound like? It's metal, but pretty experimental and crosses some genres.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=YgO...0virtual%20band

Thanks!

thanks for the crit, sorry bout the late c4c ill shoot u a message with the crit now.
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: