Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
This_Kidd
Chillax!

Indie track C4C

Well I've been listening to a hell of a lot of The Jesus And Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine and The Raveonettes, and this has resulted in me making this track!!!

I'm looking for some constructive criticism and maybe a bit of positive feedback too

It needs vocals!!!

C4C as always, hit me up people!

http://soundcloud.com/mike-sheppard90/output-1-2-011212

Cheers,
Mike
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
This_Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
TidalReach

Really liked it. Had a great indie vibe and when combined with some solid, highly-varying vocals it'll be really nice. The production seemed really good and everything seemd to flow nicely. I am predominantly a vocalist and i'm not too familiar with much indie music but it all seemed really nice to me. Keep it up and let me know if you record this track with osme vocals added!

Aled - Lead vocalist of Tidal Reach
TidalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Hey man I'm diggin this. I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Solid guitar work and everything sounds well balanced. If you want I'd lend my vocals to the song.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1574971

Thanks, Kevin
KevinFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
This_Kidd
Chillax!

Cheers for the replies guys, and Kevin, yes definitely mate! I'll check out your thread and then I'll give you a PM dude!
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
This_Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
YgO
Registered Riffer

Very nice. Great song and quality recording. I'm not opposed to instrumentals, but like someone said, some vocals would be good, or if not vocals, that riff that you had going around 2.40 could be dropped in somewhere else, earlier in the song to change it up a bit.

If you are just looking to make your songs as more of light background music, then it's probably fine as is. However, if you're trying to make people get up and dance, grab their attention or tell a story, then possibly make some changes. Either way will work, it's not a case of one way being better than another.

Overall, beautiful song. Keep up the good work!

Can you please critique ours as well? Quite a bit different, but just looking for some objective criticism:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1576193

Thanks.
YgO is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: