Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

[solved] Do Pods have a high-pass filter built in?

Hi,
I've noticed something annoying. My headphones have good bass response (down to around 30-40 Hz), but only when I plug them directly into my laptop. Whenever I use them with my Pod (HD Desktop), I notice a drop in bass response starting around 100-150 Hz, which means the bass in... pretty much everything I've made so far has been wonky, and I haven't noticed it. And even worse, my ears have become used to not having enough bass. I checked the settings and there's no low cut or anything like that. Does anyone else with a Pod have this problem, and if so, is there any way around it?
E: This is for monitoring, not recording. And it shows up on my monitors (which use the stereo outputs instead of the phones), which means there's something in the Pod's playback that puts a bass-shaped hole in everything I listen to. It's a shame because it has a great sound card, and I really want to use it for monitoring.

Update: There was an "audio enhancer" thing running that was screwing with the bass (and stereo separation) on the laptop output, which threw my reference off. My pod was working fine, I just suck at bass.

Last edited by Cavalcade : 12-30-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: