Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
rhoadsboy815

Question Metronome with a MIDI In???

Heyo!

So basically i'm starting a new project and we're gonna need to have a click track in our ears. We're using ableton as a host for a bunch of stuff, but also as a master clock for our tempo.

After much messing around i sort of have a solution to our problem, which is to have a master track go to the audience, but a separate track go to our headphones that has a click track.

But our master track has ended up being mono and we want to keep our stereo image.

Then i had a thought. What if we just took a midi out from my interface (presonus audiobox usb) and ran that to a separate little metronome. Then we can just plug the headphone out jack or whatever from that and send that into our mixer and out to our phones?

In a nut shell, I want ableton's master midi clock to go out to my audiobox, then out the "midi out" from that into the "midi in" of a stand alone metronome, thus controlling the tempo of the metronome to whatever ableton is at.

Is this sort of thing common??? The only one i can find is this one but it's a little too pricey for me to want to try it out. LINK: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...-beat-metronome

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
rhoadsboy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Quintex
Still Learning

I just run my Seiko into my mixer on its own channel and only send it through the Aux channels to the monitors.

Ingacy Jan Paderewski (1860 - 1941)
Quintex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
rhoadsboy815

my mixer is a alesis multimix 8 and i can't figure out how to send certin tracks to only certain outputs

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
rhoadsboy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Quintex
Still Learning

Just glancing at the mixer (I haven't used one), you have two Aux Sends A and B. A is pre on-board effects and B is post. I would use B post. Connect to your monitor system via the "Aux Send B" 1/4 inch jack and adjust the lower red "Aux Send B Post" control to set the channel levels you are sending to your monitors. Make sure your main fader to the PA is set to minimum on the channel the metronome is on so the click doesn't go to front of house.

Edit: Check that your aux sends are not acting as some kind of odd insert type thing, some of the new mixers do this.

Ingacy Jan Paderewski (1860 - 1941)

Last edited by Quintex : 12-07-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Quintex is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: