Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
thewoodsterix

Pedal set up

Hi guys,

I'm running into a Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 Reissue from a Ibanez 2550Z and currently looking at my options for pedals (at the moment I have none as I've relied on a cheap modelling amp for far too long!)

So I'm thinking of using all true bypass pedals and having a dedicated buffer unit in my chain at some point.

So I was wondering if you guys could help fill in the gaps as I don't have that many great guitar shops near me so it's gonna be a buy and then try kinda deal...

Tone-wise I like the Rhythm sounds of Johnny Marr but I need something that'll get me that heavier crunch when I need it as I play in quite a few bands with different Genres. Lead guitar - I like playing Steve Vai as well as SRV...

Here's what I've got so far

Tuner:
Polytune

Overdrive:
Maxon OD 9 or OD 9 + pro Can't decide whether to spend the extra cash!

Distortion:

Compressor:
Keeley

Wah Pedal:

Buffer unit:

Cheers guys
thewoodsterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
MattCox12345

Dunlop MC-404 Custom Audio Electronics Wah:t's really good. It has a boost and other stuff. It's also relatively cheap and if you buy that wah you'll never need another wah again.

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion:I have this one, it's really good. It also has an optional footswitch which is also cheap and enables you to switch between 2 turbo modes. Sort of like a boost.

I have no idea what sort of buffer unit you should get because I don't have one and haven't bothered looking at any.
BTW: no modulation effects? No Delay? Reverb?
Hope this helps
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
thewoodsterix

I'm using the amps reverb for now! and I'll get to delay later on just because of my budget

thanks a lot man
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

you're probably best with a couple of pedals for those dirt tones. I'd get something tubescreamery (there's little difference between the different models- heck, the $30 joyo vintage overdrive, which is a ts clone, sounds pretty good!) for srv and then a not-too-high gain distortion for rhythm tones (rat? the mooer black secret is dirt cheap from china and pretty good as you have both the rat and turbo rat in it; or maybe a crunchbox (joyo and mooer also do clones... or you can get the real thing, even the real thing isn't that dear) or something like that), and then stack the two for vai.

I'm not too well up on the rest.

EDIT: yeah use the amp's reverb. LOL.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
thewoodsterix

haha thanks a lot man. I'll look into these! cheers/
Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

no problem

you don't *have* to cheap out. just you don't *have* to go to boutique prices, either. That's all I'm saying.

Main point is i'd get two dirt pedals and stack them for those tones. That normally gives you more versatility, and in my experience, sounds better (and more amp-like), too.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: