Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #61
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
 
MadClownDisease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Am I the only one that doesn't think this has much to do with the legalisation of weed? They drugged their classmates without their knowledge. That's clearly illegal regardless of whether it was weed or any other drug in the mix.

It's like saying someone going and intentionally burning someone with a lit joint says anything at all about the legalisation of this drug.

What they did was illegal and stupid quite separate from any considerations about the particular drug used.
__________________
Last.fm
Flickr
MadClownDisease is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #62
Dynamight
Registered User
 
Dynamight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
It's never happened to me, but being high when you have no idea you're high must be absolutely scary.

Not if you're high.
__________________
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Dynamight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #63
Burgery
i cant remember
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamight
Not if you're high.

youve never been high
__________________
bootsybaby: deaf people actually make real weird primal grunting noises
bootsybaby: dduring sex
bootsybaby: it's bizarre
Burgery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #64
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
 
treborillusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The London Borough of Croydon, GB
It's about time everyone everywhere in the Free world legalised pot.

I mean wtf, it's 2012, and everyone knows it's only illegal because of some timber industry thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #65
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drugs aren't the problem, the arseholes misusing them are.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #66
Portuguese_boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They weren't ill, they were just blazed...
Portuguese_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #67
Godsmack_IV
UG's only degenerate
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
****ing idiots. Throw their asses in jail, lives are ruined, they've got it coming to them. Cannabis users are known for adeptly titrating their own doses, feeding an unsuspecting class pot laced brownies bypasses any sort of titrating. Too much, although not lethal, can easily lead to severe dizziness, confusion, panic attacks, paranoia, nausea, fainting, and blackouts. Being stuck in a comatose haze and wanting to puke your guts out while incoherent thoughts race through your mind at 10000 km/h is no fun whatsoever.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #68
The_Casinator
No Touching!
 
The_Casinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maastricht, The Netherlands. (Previously of Eindhoven, Brussels, Großweil and The Hague)
They probably thought it would be fun, with everyone getting high at the same moment, everyone getting the giggles and having a relaxed time.

However, I am pretty sure most people, probably including me, would lose their collective shits when they suddenly start getting high without even knowing what the hell is happening or why it is happening. I'm sure most people would think they were getting some serious, bad illness.

Conclusion: terrible idea. Borderline stupid.
The_Casinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #69
Cb4rabid
Scheiße
 
Cb4rabid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
How do people get sick from space cakes? Get over yourself, you're high, you're not dying ffs. People freak out too much.

That being said however, this was a dick move on their part and they deserve to be punished but I hate how anytime this happens, these people were 'victims' and they fell 'ill'. I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?
__________________
pinga
Cb4rabid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #70
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
 
macaroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Straya
Noobs having their first hash brownie...
__________________
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
macaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #71
naedauuf
Registered User
 
naedauuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb4rabid
How do people get sick from space cakes? Get over yourself, you're high, you're not dying ffs. People freak out too much.

That being said however, this was a dick move on their part and they deserve to be punished but I hate how anytime this happens, these people were 'victims' and they fell 'ill'. I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?

Not everyone likes being high, and also we don't know how high they were. IDGAF how much you think you can smoke, when you get to a point you will freak out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.


naedauuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #72
fc89konkari
UG Addict
 
fc89konkari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Could someone clarify to this European, what exactly do Class 4 felony and class 5 felony mean? How does the system work there?
__________________
My music sucks, don't listen to it.
Note: this is not reverse psychology.

http://soundcloud.com/joneh
My Youtube channel: /JoonatanH96
fc89konkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #73
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Yes. It hasn't changed that, however, it's gonna be a big ol' pain in the rump for the employer once somebody gets fired/not hired after testing positive for THC.


IIRC, the legislation specifically indemnifies employers from this type of thing, and allows them to continue to fire or not hire based on drug screens, even for pot.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, since it gives an employer the right to tell you that you can't perform a legal act on your own time?
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #74
Sleaze Disease
EET FUK
 
Sleaze Disease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Redneckville, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb4rabid
How do people get sick from space cakes? Get over yourself, you're high, you're not dying ffs. People freak out too much.

I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?

Good lord, you're an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?


Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8rgood


Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Sleaze Disease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #75
eGraham
Fetch ball. Find peace.
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
****in' Boulder, CO.

But seriously, 3 people were hospitalized from pot brownies? I hope they're just lactose intolerant.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #76
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb4rabid
How do people get sick from space cakes? Get over yourself, you're high, you're not dying ffs. People freak out too much.

That being said however, this was a dick move on their part and they deserve to be punished but I hate how anytime this happens, these people were 'victims' and they fell 'ill'. I'd think getting free pot and brownies is a pretty nice gift, don't you think?

Ingestion is often quite a bit more intense than smoking, and lasts a good deal longer too. It's not unheard of for people to have really physical reactions to Cannabis, I had a flatmate who developed such a racing pulse on one occasion that you could actually see the throbbing of her Jugular vein even when she was sitting normally. It was extremely frightening for her, she really did think she was going to die, and was fortunate that there were people around to calm her down a bit. That would be horrible if she hadn't known what was happening because someone had dosed her without her knowledge.

Cannabis is a particularly stupid drug to do this with as it effects different people in such different ways and often depends so much on dose.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Ingestion is often quite a bit more intense than smoking, and lasts a good deal longer too. It's not unheard of for people to have really physical reactions to Cannabis, I had a flatmate who developed such a racing pulse on one occasion that you could actually see the throbbing of her Jugular vein even when she was sitting normally. It was extremely frightening for her, she really did think she was going to die, and was fortunate that there were people around to calm her down a bit. That would be horrible if she hadn't known what was happening because someone had dosed her without her knowledge.

Cannabis is a particularly stupid drug to do this with as it effects different people in such different ways and often depends so much on dose.


If it was in her neck and throbbing, it was probably the carotid artery and not the jugular vein
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #78
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
If it was in her neck and throbbing, it was probably the carotid artery and not the jugular vein

This is true, and also embarrassing given that I am currently sitting here studying for a Bio exam tomorrow and could have looked it up

But ya, I've never seen anything like it with her, her heart was absolutely racing for quite some time. If it weren't for the fact that the stuff she'd smoked came from a guy we all knew we would have assumed it was dodgy.
A doctor friend of mine mentioned that back when we had headshops here they saw a lot of that stuff as people got the normal physical side-effects of Cannabinoids but weren't confident of their safety and went to the Hospital rather than chance it.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #79
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
I think my cousin is going to boulder. Better warn him about bad brownies.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #80
FoolOnThePlanet
Listen to the pillows
 
FoolOnThePlanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York
This is why we can't have nice things...those two kids deserve all the shit coming to them, what asshats.
__________________
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
FoolOnThePlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.