Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  

Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
✈ 🍁
SkepsisMetal's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Jack plate screws

My guitar has that style of plate on the side, and about 4 months ago the screws wore out of the holes and no longer grip the wood so I've had duct tape holding it on since then which leaves the internal connection dodgy at best.
I've heard of the matchstick method of fixing this, is that the best way or are there better alternatives short of rewiring the jack to a new position?
SkepsisMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Registered User
Snake_42's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scotland
The matchstick thing is pretty much the solution for a thread issue. All you need to do is fill the hole with matchsticks with a little glue to fill it out, cut them to size and you're done.
Snake_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Matchsticks are the simplest and best solution. You don't even need to glue them in because the sticks are held in by the screws.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care

T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.