Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #41
ecvMatt
clamper
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inverness, Ca
I caught the bass player jerking it in my mom's bathroom.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
ecvMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #42
xhisor
Yes.
 
xhisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norway
singer was a jerk, different muscial tastes and it was in the middle of a period where i couldn't get myself to practice.
__________________
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
xhisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #43
SuperKid
Registered User
 
SuperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Bassist was the biggest douche ever, anything else besides metal was gay to him. He would play metallica and slayer riffs sloppily (and other small sections of other metal songs on his big ass huge and loud bass amp), couldn't learn a complete song, in his own mind he was the hot shit. He played everything in upstrokes and sloppy tremolo picking. Pretty much everyone hated him in the band, but we tried to tolerate him because he could get us gigs...

The other guitarist was a stoner, only showed up to 1/2 of the practices, very unreliable.

Drummer was the bassist s best friend, and as big as a douche as him. He would get into fights with him regularly (physical fights)

We had also some ego issues - who would play the solos etc. The bassist even wanted to participate in the solos, with his digitech guitar (!!) distortion pedal, man he sounded like shit
SuperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
 
beadhangingOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt
I caught the bass player jerking it in my mom's bathroom.


Jesus, it's always the bassist. I guess they really can only do downstrokes.
__________________
Ours is but a fragile existence

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!

SLAYER! NOT PRAYER!
beadhangingOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
 
Skynyrd890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Our bassist showed up to our first practice without his bass, so we just played Halo 3 co-op instead. The band thing just wasn't meant to be.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
Bitch idiot children
Skynyrd890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
 
skippy_moogoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: birmingham, UK
First band, we were all pretty young, but got reasonably well known on the local scene, playing as a grungey power trio, we went through a few drummers, and really it was the guitarist/singers band, he wrote the songs, etc
But I was cool with that, I liked his songs, until he wanted us to become The Klaxons (remember Nu-Rave? and How bad it was?) and I was offered a slot in another band, just to help out with some gigs for a month or so, I even organised practices for both bands to be on different says etc etc, but he just took exception to me playing bigger venues and such and split the band.
We did a reunion gig a few years back, remembered the old songs, had a great crowd, it was fun, but it'd run its course.

Second band fell apart because our drummer couldn't drum, our producer told us to fire him or he would, and then he went and fooled around with, and later screwed my girl friend at the time...then had a massive go at me when I casually mentioned it to his ex (who was friends with the other girl at the time) because he was also trying to get back with her and I "Ruined his chances"...DOUCHEBAG and the worst drummer I've ever played with...
Once turned round to me and said "I can't really hear bass frequencies, but I reckon I'm at least as good as Dave Grohl was around Nevermind..."

The guitarist and I actually had to leave the room
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
skippy_moogoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I'm in the same band that I started back in 2009.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #48
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy
 
VillainousLatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Unreal World
We were more of a "Having fun while playing" band and not a serious one, but let's just say it's not wise to date the lead singer.
__________________
Clicky for sexy pr0nz!
VillainousLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #49
Burgery
i cant remember
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
drummer and me didn't like each other one bit, and we were the ones that wrote the music

consequently, the music sucked (more than it should have). i didnt like working with him, the guy didnt even know what a time signature was
__________________
bootsybaby: deaf people actually make real weird primal grunting noises
bootsybaby: dduring sex
bootsybaby: it's bizarre
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #50
Mark Roxx
UG Dismember
 
Mark Roxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kolob
Our singer's lyrics were total shit and he played the ****ing ukelele and it was just gaaaaaaaay (for lack of a better word)
__________________
That which does not kill us makes us cookies.

Last edited by Mark Roxx : 12-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Mark Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #51
afrothunder666
It's Dave, foo!
 
afrothunder666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lathrop, CA
This thread is hilarious. I have been in a couple of bands, all of which consisted me, my bassist (and best friend) and either one or two other guys. At first, when we all blew ass at playing music altogether, it was just us being kids. Stupid kids. But fun nonetheless. My first serious band though (playing gigs, recording, etc.) was kick ass. I had made the transition from guitar to drums. I sucked but we had great chemistry together and would constantly write songs that we liked. It all was going well until our lead singer moved away. I was bummed. Years later I was asked to drum for another band which was fun too. We didn't get along quite as well as my last band but we toughed it out until just recently me and the bassist decided to call it quits because there was no love in for the music. It started to boil down to business, promoting, and no fun whatsoever. My philosophy in life is: if you ain't having fun and aren't getting paid for it then GTFO
__________________
Click here

afrothunder666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #52
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
 
strat0blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
Jesus, it's always the bassist. I guess they really can only do downstrokes.

Uh, no. We can pop and slap too. Also while we're playing bass.
__________________
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #53
bifteksupernova
*thhbbbt*
 
bifteksupernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NS, Canada
we really sucked. we could play and write well together, both guitarists were actually very good. we were very unproductive when we got together and our jams would turn into drunk shitstorms. eventually people moved away to school etc. we always had fun with it but mainly we just werent that good
__________________
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
bifteksupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #54
yoman297
how quik do i get ban
 
yoman297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: THE ISLAND
Analysis of members:

I sucked at guitar and wasn't very confident in my playing.
The girl was talented
The drummer was too, we had chemistry in jamming
the bassist forgot all his notes and could barely ****ing play
the singer wanted to play pop covers all of the time

basically we played a big show and it just sort of died.
__________________
My Music
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Strat
Fender Mark Hoppus P-Bass
and a bunch of other things
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #55
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
they died
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #56
Saint78
julian wells
 
Saint78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: feels like i only go backwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR3009
Drummer and Bassist left to make Dubstep.


__________________
you're a stone fox
Saint78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #57
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone
 
ThrashUnleashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ON, Canada
We only got together because we were the only musicians around, but it turned out we had pretty different tastes.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #58
Controlpanel
qɐuuǝp
 
Controlpanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
the singers sucked. the drummer was too busy flirting with the female vocalist.

The bass player insisted on singing too.

all htose could have been worked through, but the deal breaker was that the other guitarist wouldn't get rid of his line6 spider 2.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan-Tallica
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Controlpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #59
beau05
UG Senior Member
 
beau05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: new zealand
First band broke up because the other guitarist was doing his Masters at Uni, the bassist was moving to Australia, and the drummers mum had cancer issues so he wanted to focus on that

My second band that I was in, broke up after I left, but not because of me leaving. A few weeks after I left, the other guitarist decided that it might be a good idea to have sex with the vocalists pregnant girlfriend. YAY!! Also the bassist broke his elbow after running into a parked car. A year and a bit later the band is reforming however with a different line-up

A band I'm in now (Stormforge, albeit temporarily) used to be called Vallum Incendium. Initially that band went on hiatus/broke up for "creative" reasons, but I think humongous egos were the real reason they broke up, and a severe case of Dunning/Kruger syndrome, along with amusia. Its called Stormforge now with only the guitarist remaining from VI
__________________
Nullifier - Check it, biaarrrrchh!
beau05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #60
yoman297
how quik do i get ban
 
yoman297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: THE ISLAND
oh wait i forgot my other one

Guitarist 1: Shredded really sloppy, guitar wanking
Guitarist 2: Just started playing and learned tremolo, turns out he didn't have a guitar
Guitarist 3: Had his dad's acoustic, knew a few chords and that was it
Singer: Couldn't sing
Drummer: couldn't drum
Bassist: I didn't have a bass
Pianist/Bassist/Guitarist 4: didn't have a bass, couldn't play piano
__________________
My Music
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Strat
Fender Mark Hoppus P-Bass
and a bunch of other things
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.