Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
skrguitarist

Upto Tom Hess

Hi guys,

I know this has been asked and spoken about before. But I now have personal experience in dealing with this man. He is a completely arrogant man.

After seeing his ads online for quite sometime I decided to see what the hype was all about and bought the eBook for 60 ($97). Let me tell you straight, this in no way is worth that money, at all. After reading it, I quickly realised I knew al of the information contained within, and also already implement it.

I have been teaching the Guitar for nearly ten years, have a high level of student's and keep them for a long time. Now you may ask yourself why did I bother? Well curiosity got the better of me. He teaches you how to market yourself basically.

It was a matter of hours before I cancelled my membership, (you get 45 free days in his Elite teachers training thing). You had to fill a form stating why you want to cancel, I told my reasons why. A couple of hours later he emailed me personally, stating I was arrogant, that I knew nothing about business, and his word was gospel. I refuted those claims, told him exactly why I wanted to cancel and was requesting a full refund, he then tried to tempt me to stay with links to three of his top earners. These guys all opend their own Guitar schools, I have never wanted to do this. I told him this, and I also told him whilst I can see his methods work , they are not for me, please can I have a refund. He ignored me, so the other day I messaged him asking for another refund, he point blank refused stating the reason why is because I have not implemented what is in his eBook, (this is after telling him I already do it, I have studied music at a well know school in the UK, and have a degree in music, PLUS studied music business) I then said I will tell people about my findings and dealings with his company, and I shall offer the eBook to anyone who wants it, so they can see for their selves what is in it. He then threatened me with his lawyers and cc'd in his legal team from the US and EU! He said if any part comes up online, if I slander him or cause libel he will come after me with all he has got!!

I said bring it on. Beware of dealing with this bloke. Now some people love him, and have great results from buying his knowledge, (you will spend about 3000) But if you don't like his methods and request a refund, forget it.

I have now reported him, I told him i would, he said "Whatever dude, I handle thousands of transactions every year" I can back everything up by publishing the emails, I have been polite and courteous to this man, ad he in return has been completely arrogant and a total Pri**k. If anyone wants the ebook, message me. and for those of you working for Tom, or Tom himself.........FU.
skrguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Don't copy and paste text into multiple threads.

I'll report this and chances are it'll get closed.
This is probably best in either The Pit or Musicians Talk, btw.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.

Last edited by Hydra150 : 12-11-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
skrguitarist

First time posting anything.
skrguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Hydra150
not so cowardly

It's cool, easy mistake to make.
If you click the 'edit' box on the first post in the thread you can delete the post (and therefore the thread).
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: