Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Hib3rnian
Need..More...TECHDEATH!!

Slam Death Metal song(no vocals) "Unwillingly Dutiful", C4C

Hello! This is a slam/death metal song that I wrote called Unwillingly Dutiful, it's part of a 5-song story that i've written that takes place in the World of Warcraft universe(that's where the quote in the beginning of the song is from), and it's my first recording of me actually playing guitar. There would be vocals over it if i could do them myself or knew somebody that could.

https://soundcloud.com/rakbar/unwillingandquote

Everything you hear was written by me; I programmed the drums and recorded my guitar directly into my computer using Audacity. I also recorded it one take so there are a couple little mistakes.

I really love feedback and i'd love to hear what anyone has to say about my song, good or bad! I'll gladly critique a song of yours in return!
I just creamed my pants...

HALF THE BATTLE IS KNOWING YOUR ENEMY, THE OTHER HALF IS THE BRUTAL SLAUGHTER OF ALL WHO OPPOSE YOU

Last edited by Hib3rnian : 08-27-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Hib3rnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
FrauVfromPoB
A Reasonably Talented Guy

The guitar sounds pretty damn good for just going through Audacity. The drums don't sound that great, in particular the cymbals, but that's what you get with Tux drums. My main problem with them is that they sound faker than the guitar and it creates an uncomfortable disparity. From a songwriting point of view, it's pretty rudimentary, but slam usually is, and this slams like a mother****er so it's all good. Some of the hurky-jerky stops don't feels as smooth and organic as they could, so mess around with that a little. The ending riff is straight-up bitchin' and reminds me a bit of Carcass. Overall I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Lightfoot
I opened the door and went round and round and I banged my head and then my arm fell off.
FrauVfromPoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
aaron aardvark

Hib,
Guitar sounds a bit muffled. Guitar riffs are good. Guitar playing is fine. Drums are reasonably good, good programming. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...09#post30732509
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
soulstodeny

You need a vocalist for this?
soulstodeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: