Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
oliverd49

Which electro acoustic?

Hello guys, well this is my first post here. I've been knocking around for a bit unregistered and thought it was time to create an account! Well anyway, the main topic I am wondering about is Electro acoustics. I am a novice, even saying that is giving me too much credit. I can read tabs and that is about it! I have terrible finger movement and rhythm. I currently own a pre-history Hokada classical guitar. I am wanting to get a new one since this guitar sounds terrible and is making me want to give it up. I am doing lessons once a week for 40 minutes as well as around 7 hours practice a week at home. I have been looking for a new guitar for my up and coming birthday in January I have around 150 and could stretch to 160 and nothing more. I am asking you if you know any decent electro acoustics for that price? There's so many cheap ones which I know will sound worse than my current guitar.

I have looked at the following (I know they are cheap but bare in mind, I am not a pro and nor am I looking for the next Fender strat. Not at the moment anyway!)

These can all be found on ebay:

EASTWOOD-LA125EQ-ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC-CUTAWAY-GUITAR-

Lindo Willow-Electro-Electric-Acoustic-Guitar

MARTIN-SMITH-ROUNDBACK-ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC

JAGG-ELECTRO-SEMI-ACOUSTIC-CUTAWAY-GUITAR

I am unable to find videos on the majority of these and could only find them for the Willow and Eastwood.

So if you could tell me your opinions or give a guitar which you know to be decent value for money I'd appreciate it!

I don't want an acoustic, I would much prefer an electro since I sometimes "jam" with my friend who has been playing for around 6 years and I would like to be on the same volume level as him since he is playing an electric!

Anyway, thanks guys and sorry for the long winded post!

Oliver.

Last edited by oliverd49 : 12-10-2012 at 05:04 PM.
oliverd49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
art4meonly

So basically you're looking for an acoustic with EQ right? There are many acoustic guitars that you can amplify, there is no such thing as "electro-acoustic". It's either electric, or acoustic (without electronics) or an acoustic with electronics. I think you should be looking for an acoustic which you can you plug in (preferably with an active preamp).

Yamaha's are good guitars to start with, most people with suggest the Yamaha FG700 (your price range!). Personally, I've recently ordered a Epiphone AJ220SCE for my girlfriend, which is, according to me, a better investment (it's 185).

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Ac.../AJ-220SCE.aspx

I currently own a Martin GPCPA4, which is out of your price range, but I started out on a Yamaha.

Last edited by art4meonly : 12-11-2012 at 08:32 PM.
art4meonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
oliverd49

I prefer the AJ-220SCE just by the look, and the pricing is a bit better too. In england we class the EQ acoustics as electro acoustic. Unsure why, they just are! Thanks for your reply.

I think i'll go with the AJ-220SCE. Much appreciated!
oliverd49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
art4meonly

No problem. Good choice! I really like my new Epiphone.. It feels so comfy and it seriously sounds like a 300-500 guitar. It's highly remarkable they can build them for such a low price.

Rate This Thread: