Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
Hckey#

Tension... still my worst enemy!

But I'm not sure, because I practice a song at the moment, Maria by Blondie (Wow, real challenge right?) It's not (for me), but I'm not all that pleased with how the solo sounds. I've been recommended 'Guitar principles for correct practice', but to be honest English is not my native language, although I can read and understand it very well. All the books I read, like 'The Pacific / Band of Brothers' is in English. The problem is the length of that book (POCPFG) and how it is written. Way to much words that seems, and as others have told me, have no use.

RELAX YOUR BODY! So is that it, in a nutshell? I practice aforementioned song at around 30-35bpm, and it goes around 160bpm. It's sound alright, but I don't feel it flows well enough, it sounds a little stiff I think.

If someone could like give me a few pointers when it comes to practice, that everyone should know, because I don't think I know them, lol. I bought Guitar Pro because I really like it and it's good IMO - slow down / speed up songs, realistic sound engine, and there are some perfect GP Tabs out there.

I will check out the sticky above in a few minutes, by the way. But a little motivation and inspiration/help before would be nice. I appreciate it guys! I think this time around I'm more willing to really put in an effort to improve my playing. And that's great ! I love the guitar, as we all do.
Hckey# is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: