Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Disturbing Experimental Cartoon Soundtrack (C4C)

A friend of mine is studying animation and wanted me to make a very disturbing soundtrack for a cute childrens cartoon he made.

I haven't recorded it yet and i can't show you the cartoon itself, so you just have to imagine a little cute children animation with this at the background.

I still need to finish it, need about 15 more seconds.

And sorry it's a gpx. file, i couldn't export it to a gp5.

Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Cartoon Sound Track.gpx (91.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: mid Cartoon Sound Track.mid (19.8 KB, 134 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
davyyy

This was really cool, I'm not sure if its a placebo but I really got that oldschool courage the cowardly dog vibe from it. The part that comes in at bar 23 is really awesome too, reminds me of buckethead a bit. I'd really love to see this with the cartoon haha. The whole thing is quite cool though, really twisted, yet musical sounding.
And it's great to see more people using guitar pro 6, it's much better than most people give it credit for.
davyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
frankibo
UG Board King

You need your head examined, you absolute nut job.
No way does the MIDI do the GP6 RSE version justice by the way.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyyy
This was really cool, I'm not sure if its a placebo but I really got that oldschool courage the cowardly dog vibe from it. The part that comes in at bar 23 is really awesome too, reminds me of buckethead a bit. I'd really love to see this with the cartoon haha. The whole thing is quite cool though, really twisted, yet musical sounding.
And it's great to see more people using guitar pro 6, it's much better than most people give it credit for.

Thanks alot
That was what i was going for, and i see you got the Courage The Cowardly Dog vibe i tried to make

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
You need your head examined, you absolute nut job.

I'd take that as a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
No way does the MIDI do the GP6 RSE version justice by the way.

100% agreed.

I just know that many people still use gp5 rather than gp6, so i exported midi

It wouldn't let me export gp5.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Wild_One

i think this is too mindblowing to be a cartoon soundtrack , it sounds wicked and just like it's name, the song is really.......disturbing

the part during 2:21 is good, i like it....

and the part at 1:46 - 2:12 IMO it reminds me of some horror movie soundtrack rather than cartoon soundtrack

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Technical Difficulties (Cover)

Last edited by Wild_One : 12-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Wild_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
carnagereap666
UG Fanatic

This is very morbid... and I like it. It definitely fits an odd scene in a cartoon, one like Courage the Cowardly Dog as someone else mentioned. The part a few seconds before 1:50 is a little out of place and less disturbing than it is out of place. The part around 2:26 is cool and so is the piano lick after it. For the purpose it is intended to serve, it is very good.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Standard
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
B.C. Rich Trace
LTD H-207

Amps: Line 6 Spider III
Boss GT-8

You have adopted the darkness, I was born in it.
carnagereap666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player

I don't really watch kids cartoons (except sometimes Spongebob, which incidentally has amazing music IMO), so maybe I'm just not 'getting' it. I will admit that its hard for me to look at a cartoon, or even music video as a "whole" experience. I often ignore the visual (perhaps because I am horrible at visualizing things in my mind, but can hear things relatively easy) medium in order to take in the music in depth. As such I'm at a disadvantage listening to the song I guess because I visually can't think of anything to connect to the disjointed, jarring music.

It isn't clear what exactly the music is being paired with, animation wise. Is this a tv show? a short animation? What is it about? If I knew what the story was, or if the scene was happy or sad, I could tell you how well it works in the context. I'm just lacking some context here. Take Disney's famous "Peter and the Wolf" from 1946. I'll link the vid. Skip to around 0:45 seconds in. During the opening scenes, the narrator introduces the characters (each with a cute little anthem and animation). The Bird (which flits about high up in the sky) is matched with a flute, whose tambre resembles that of a bird (high register and such). The Duck is a wallowing oboe. As the story progresses the characters theme songs make reprises, there is emotional progression, you can almost hear the story of the characters as the music goes along and tells it.

I'm not saying that you need to listen to a prokofiev symphony to write a piece. I don't even music that well (play piano and tab songs out in gp5 for giggles) but the listener needs some sort of connection to something recognizable (at 2:25 a recognizable 4/4 beat makes an entrance). The variety of different sounds as well as minimal repetition makes it a very uncomfortable listening experience.

Rereading, this is pretty much the worst crit ever, lol. I apologize, its been a long day (finals) and I'm really baked, so I feel like I need to at least offer something positive that I think would help improve the song. Whatever the animation is about, there is a subject (usually people or odd anthropomorphic creatures like cats and sponges). Connect that subject or any of the other important characters or events in the animation to the music somehow. A certain instrument or riff, for example. Or using rests/tension when there is something suspenseful happening. Hope that helps.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Flounder~
Rereading, this is pretty much the worst crit ever, lol. I apologize, its been a long day (finals) and I'm really baked, so I feel like I need to at least offer something positive that I think would help improve the song. Whatever the animation is about, there is a subject (usually people or odd anthropomorphic creatures like cats and sponges). Connect that subject or any of the other important characters or events in the animation to the music somehow. A certain instrument or riff, for example. Or using rests/tension when there is something suspenseful happening. Hope that helps.

Well, i didn't just randomly wrote that. I watched the animation my friend made many many times and wrote what seems fitting to the animation (imo).

Like i said in the OP, it's a children animation and he asked me to make a disturbing soundtrack to make it more like a Courage The Cowardly Dog or Ren and Stimpy style.

And since you asked, the animation is about little creatures (they look like animals but act human) that are playing together some spy game like children, along the way all kind of stuff happens. The soundtrack is meant to make it more twisted than childish.

Thanks everyone for the comments, i just needed to hear some opinions from people who won't just say "oh, that's very good" just to be nice to me.

Last edited by adamgur96 : 12-18-2012 at 11:37 AM.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Sorry for necrobumping, but....C4C!

I like it...no certain melody, no sync or whatever but it describes perfectly what's in the title. I can definitely see that as some sort of a soundtrack for a disturbing cartoon.

I guess it's like free jazz but more coherent and listenable.

Last edited by Guitar0player : 02-08-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: