User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #81
Lemoninfluence
Masculist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Element, I couldn't find it. I feel like LemonInfluence or someone smart posted it, but it might be in a different shooting thread. I'm not sure.

Sorry :/

Knew it was someone smart. Can't find it, though.

That's the only thing I can think of. I don't know who posted it, I just know it wasn't me, I remember seeing it on here for the first time.

Also it was posted in the other thread before this debate was forbidden there.

Don't know how much weight it really carries. But I'm sure that if there wasn't as much media attention it mightn't even occur to these people that going on a rampage was an option.

It's like a form of morbid advertising. It doesn't make you want to get back at society, but if you're looking for some way to get back at society you go with the one that you know is effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.

Last edited by Lemoninfluence : 12-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Lemoninfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #82
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Protecting them from what? Seriously, what possible situation is there where you whipping out a gun is going to make your family more safe?

Home invasion: well, they're probably armed as well, and almost certainly more willing to use it.

Mass murder in a public place: the other guy is clearly happy to kill, and you adding more bullets into the fray in a blind attempt to be a hero is just going to get more people killed.

Government conspiracy to murder you (I include this because apparently this is a big fear in America): yeah, I think the government has better weapons and training than you.

Animal attack: Mhmm, potentially.

Guerrilla terrorist force sent by the commies: they're better trained than you and more willing to kill.

Robot rebellion: they're made of metal, good luck fending them off with your 9mm.

Alien invasion: they're clearly more technologically advanced, your weapon isn't likely to help.

Second coming: it's mother****ing Jesus, what you gonna do?

Damnit Todd. I always agree with you. On everything.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #83
metaldud536
Similar to a pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
yeah, and people who are mentally ill and who are driven to do such subhuman things WILL plan it out like that. That's what makes them different than those who just get pissed off and can't control their anger.

And would rather take my chances with a mentally ill person wielding a butcher's knife then a hand gun.

It's like this country is too afraid to try something that seems to work well in other countries.

My Deviant Art Page
Manchester United
metaldud536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #84
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
Damnit Todd. I always agree with you. On everything.

So if I were to propose that you would look much better in a zebra onesie and in my sex dungeon your response would be...?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #85
ErikLensherr
:shekels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
In what world is this? One where guns aren't even manufactured or sold illegally?

Pretty much all illegal guns in the US start out legal. They're just rerouted through straw purchasers. Cut off the legal supply and the illegal supply largely dries up.

Yeah people could try making their own, but come on amateur made guns? I'd still take my chances.

There's also smuggling, but I'm not sure where people would even try to smuggle guns in from. We're the ones who provide guns to all our neighbors.

edit: unless that's a gay thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 457undead
is saying "Hiiiii" to a girl flirting?
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #86
bradulator
new sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
That't not what I meant.

What I'm saying is that a lot of people talk about, well then only the mass murders will have guns and we won't be able to defend ourselves. I don't see how that line of reasoning works since you almost never (and I can't think of any) here about some gun wielding vigilante killing the rampaging psychopath.

I don't know about any in mass shootings like this, but there are tons of examples of people using guns to save them and others in the case of burglaries and what not.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #87
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
So if I were to propose that you would look much better in a zebra onesie and in my sex dungeon your response would be...?

giver or receiver?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #88
Carnivean
UG Board King

Quote:
Bombs? Chemical weapons? Really?
Are you really bringing these in as arguments now? You fail to see the point.

Um yes, really. Really. I know, crazy right? Take away guns, and people find other easy ways to kill people.

Crazy.

Quote:
A knife, a gun or a bat is easily accesible, can easily be transported, hidden, disposed of and is not expensive whatsoever. A bomb or a chemical weapon is a ****ing tool in a straight out war. It's strange that there's not more chemical weapons massacres here in Europe.

Bombs and chemical weapons are tools on this earth, not just war. Ordinary people can make them if the determination and resources. They can be simple, handmade, etc. An average chemistry teacher has the knowledge to make a variety of lethal concoctions. And these weapons can be hidden, transported, disposed of.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #89
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Pretty much all illegal guns in the US start out legal. They're just rerouted through straw purchasers. Cut off the legal supply and the illegal supply largely dries up.

Yeah people could try making their own, but come on amateur made guns? I'd still take my chances.

There's also smuggling, but I'm not sure where people would even try to smuggle guns in from. We're the ones who provide guns to all our neighbors.

Plus, if home-made (lol) and illegally purchased firearms were to be just as common if gun laws were increased then the UK would be having comparable rates of gun-related homicide.

Quote:
giver or receiver?

Well I was going to be wearing a crocodile onesie, so I guess we follow the food chain. Afraid I come out on top.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #90
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Handgun ban. Hunting rifles ok (5-round semiautomatic maximum)

Less guns = less people killed by guns

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!

SLAYER! NOT PRAYER!
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #91
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Um yes, really. Really. I know, crazy right? Take away guns, and people find other easy ways to kill people.

Crazy.

Bombs and chemical weapons are tools on this earth, not just war. Ordinary people can make them if the determination and resources. They can be simple, handmade, etc. An average chemistry teacher has the knowledge to make a variety of lethal concoctions. And these weapons can be hidden, transported, disposed of.

Then why aren't bombs/chemical weapons used in countries where guns are not as accessible?

Guy 1 loses temper, badly. Gun at home. Shots down his neighbour and people on the street.
Guy 2 loses temper, badly. No gun at home. Googles how to make a bomb, makes bomb. Kills neighbour a few months later.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #92
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence

That's the only thing I can think of. I don't know who posted it, I just know it wasn't me, I remember seeing it on here for the first time.

Also it was posted in the other thread before this debate was forbidden there.

Don't know how much weight it really carries. But I'm sure that if there wasn't as much media attention it mightn't even occur to these people that going on a rampage was an option.

It's like a form of morbid advertising. It doesn't make you want to get back at society, but if you're looking for some way to get back at society you go with the one that you know is effective.

Thank you.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #93
bradulator
new sincerity

Quote:
Plus, if home-made (lol) and illegally purchased firearms were to be just as common if gun laws were increased then the UK would be having comparable rates of gun-related homicide.

No, it's incomparable due to the cultural differences between us and you.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #94
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

God why did I look at the comments in the Yahoo articles about this? I must really hate myself.
I want to recognise your beauty's not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart

Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #95
Carnivean
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
That't not what I meant.

What I'm saying is that a lot of people talk about, well then only the mass murders will have guns and we won't be able to defend ourselves. I don't see how that line of reasoning works since you almost never (and I can't think of any) here about some gun wielding vigilante killing the rampaging psychopath.

What? First off, there's some pretty bad errors in your post, and it's a bit difficult to understand some parts. Second, I'm not exactly sure why you brought this up (if i'm understanding it right)? I never made that argument in the first place.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #96
AxeToFall
Dazed Glonuts

I hate to burst everyones bubble.... but debating gun control on ultimate-guitar isn't going to change a damn thing, you people need better ways to cycle your energy.
AxeToFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #97
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:

Well I was going to be wearing a crocodile onesie, so I guess we follow the food chain. Afraid I come out on top.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #98
Lemoninfluence
Masculist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeToFall
I hate to burst everyones bubble.... but debating gun control on ultimate-guitar isn't going to change a damn thing, you people need better ways to cycle your energy.

Browsing this site will achieve very little and yet, here you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Lemoninfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #99
devourke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
When I lived in Boston, I used to pass by this billboard all the time. Now it's just haunting to me:

There are actually states where you can buy a gun with 0 background checks? That's fucked up yo. Why doesn't someone fix that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
I would sooo take my chances in a world where crazy people had to use bats, knives, forks, etc. to try to carry out their killing sprees.

Anders Breivik would have killed a lot less people if he only had a semi-automatic fork.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #100
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeToFall
I am Obama.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: