Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
celitus
Baroque and roll

How are my vocals on some song demos

Hey

So I recently put out an EP with my band, however we never had time to find a male vocalist so I ended up recording the male vocal parts myself and reworking some of the vocal demos I laid out for the main singer.

So far none of the feedback on the release has mentioned the vocals, so I guess they arent horrible but I was just wondering what you guys thought, It has been suggested that I took some singing lessons and just took over male lead vocals, but I dont personally think I could hold it haha

It can be heard here http://download.gatexiii.co.uk/ I come in towards the end of "Once Upon a Time" I do all vocals on "Facing the Mirror" and I sing on the main section of "Nightingale"
celitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
RealUnrealRob
Lazy Physicist

If it's something you want to do get lessons. Your vocals on the demo are eh, but it's okay because the music is pretty good. But as I'm sure you know, your pitch is fine and everything. With some power behind your voice, it would be pretty awesome. You definitely aren't using your voice properly, and lessons would give your voice the power it lacks right now.

I think you should get lessons and try it out, you could probably do the lead vocals if you're a little patient. I think your voice will improve very quickly, faster than you think. When you first get lessons it's a huge leap forward very quickly, because picking up even just the basics of proper technique makes a huge improvement.

Last edited by RealUnrealRob : 12-17-2012 at 01:00 AM.
RealUnrealRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
celitus
Baroque and roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealUnrealRob
If it's something you want to do get lessons. Your vocals on the demo are eh, but it's okay because the music is pretty good. But as I'm sure you know, your pitch is fine and everything. With some power behind your voice, it would be pretty awesome. You definitely aren't using your voice properly, and lessons would give your voice the power it lacks right now.

I think you should get lessons and try it out, you could probably do the lead vocals if you're a little patient. I think your voice will improve very quickly, faster than you think. When you first get lessons it's a huge leap forward very quickly, because picking up even just the basics of proper technique makes a huge improvement.

I'm going to start looking for an instructor around here, Nobody in this area sings in that style and I was once told words I continue to live by "If you need something done, Its not other peoples fault, learn to do it yourself" I was more worried my tone and everything sounded really dull, but I think it might just be through too much strain, its something a few people have suggested I pursue
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
RealUnrealRob
Lazy Physicist

It's not a matter of finding an instructor that sings in your style. It's a matter of finding someone who can teach you the right technique and correct breathing, etc. Unless you're growling or whatever junk, correct technique is pretty universal. Singing is something that often requires outside input from someone who knows what they're doing to get it right.

And you won't sound dull if you're using the right technique
Your tone will improve almost immediately once you're doing it right.

Last edited by RealUnrealRob : 12-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
RealUnrealRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
celitus
Baroque and roll

Got a new demo done of an old song, was never really happy with the vocals on it before and i think I did much better this time https://soundcloud.com/jc123/frozen...13-demo/s-ipgn7

Rate This Thread: