Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Freak44

Given[Rock+Metal/C4C]

Will C4C, I was trying to go for an old school rock feel with some metal elements.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60303768/Music/Given.mp3

Last edited by Freak44 : 12-28-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Freak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
JB95
I like taco

Good job on the song!
Not a big fan of the vibrato effect in the intro, but the note choices were decent.
I'm loving the chorus idea, but perhaps there could be a little more variation in the lead, and a little bit more power to the section. In my opinion, the only thing that is holding this song back is the drums. It's not really interesting in rythm or sound. The beats are very predictable and boring, and the fill 2:00 at is very cliche. That's just my opinion though, se keep that in mind.
However, I think you did a great job with the structure! I like how you got some harmonics in there and your overall playing is tight. The part at 3:03 is awesome with the harmony going on. Still some of the leads sound a little bit sour when speaking of tone.
Keep making songs like these, since you obviously got the hang of it!

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1579524

Last edited by JB95 : 12-28-2012 at 01:46 PM.
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus

I quite liked this. It sounds dramatic and is a lot more original than a lot of what I often see here. I actually dug the vibrato intro. In my opinion, the guitars can get just a little bit muddy at parts, particularly during the harmony part (which actually sounded pretty awesome otherwise). It's not terribly muddy or fizzy, but it is just a little bit. Of course, I often have this problem myself (if you listen to the song I recorded a couple years ago that's in my profile, you'll hear a muddy mess). Maybe tinker with the EQ and volume levels a bit? Anyways, it was good! Unfortunately I don't have anything for you to crit.... yet.

Last edited by MrDo0m : 12-28-2012 at 09:59 PM.
MrDo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Metal Turtle

I like the intro and 0:52! When all the guitars come in. The drums sounded ace as well but wheres the high hat? 2:02 was the best part in my opinion. I think the drums should do a little more during that part too, more drums fills.

C4C? youtube.com/watch?v=31NkF540ek4
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: