Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Markmems

Upto Greed The Creature: metal demos - C4C

Finally starting up a band with the material i've been posting on here over the last couple of months, have a couple of song demos up.

C4C, Input on the songs/structure/recordings? Soundcloud

If you like it, check out the band page: Facebook Band Page

Last edited by Markmems : 12-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Soldier Poet
Registered and Used

I thought it was one twenty minute long song at first, which intrigued me as a big post-rock fan. All I can say about Greed The Creature is that it sounds crazy tight. I never listen to this kind of metal though so it's hard to say. But for a fan of this kind of music I can imagine it's pretty good, I like the different riffs.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1578204

Experimental/indie/postrock/triphop music, if you comment on my stuff, I comment on yours!
Soldier Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Markmems

I appreciate it; if you like post/prog you might like the riff starting @3:00 on 'spectator roughdraft', kinda a post/prog structure.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Soldier Poet
Registered and Used

Spectator roughdraft: Riff from 0:30 onward rocks! Again crazy tight. Overall I prefer this one over Greed The Creature, I really like the different riffs and this one is more varied. The quieter (lol) part around 3:00 is cool.

And don't forget to give my song a listen.

Experimental/indie/postrock/triphop music, if you comment on my stuff, I comment on yours!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Markmems

The band name is Greed The Creature, what was the first song you were talking about?

The new soundcloud update sucks:P
Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
Soldier Poet
Registered and Used

I think that must have been THANKS2.

I started following you by the way. Though it's not really my music, it might be in the future. :p It's definitely good!

Last edited by Soldier Poet : 12-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
VíctorG

Wow, it's got some really catchy and heavy riffs, I wouldn't mind being able to write something like this. Are you planning on adding any lyrics?
VíctorG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
Markmems

Quote:
Originally Posted by VíctorG
Wow, it's got some really catchy and heavy riffs, I wouldn't mind being able to write something like this. Are you planning on adding any lyrics?

thanks man i appreciate it
And yeah hopefully sometime in the next month too. Should check out the band's facebook page so you can check it when it's posted
Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
Markmems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Poet
I think that must have been THANKS2.

I started following you by the way. Though it's not really my music, it might be in the future. :p It's definitely good!

Sweet, followed you too. Thanks man
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
dmitry.gubsky
Discipline me more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmems
Finally starting up a band with the material i've been posting on here over the last couple of months, have a couple of song demos up.

C4C, Input on the songs/structure/recordings? Soundcloud

For my taste guitars is a little quiet to the drums. Overheads have some hiss in sound.

Wow, really cool BOOM 2:16, have you used sine synth with sliding pitch? 9:38 - is this tom or the same FX again?

Fourth song (12:32) sounds really over-limited on a master bus.

The last one song has much better sound than all previous, but overheads sound still too fizzy.

I like riffing in a third song, really cool
dmitry.gubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
Markmems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitry.gubsky
For my taste guitars is a little quiet to the drums. Overheads have some hiss in sound.

Wow, really cool BOOM 2:16, have you used sine synth with sliding pitch? 9:38 - is this tom or the same FX again?

Fourth song (12:32) sounds really over-limited on a master bus.

The last one song has much better sound than all previous, but overheads sound still too fizzy.

I like riffing in a third song, really cool

I havn't used that, do you recommend it? And yeah it's another drop at 9:38.

I noticed the limiter after i exported it, i'll definitely fix that i normally never use one.

But thanks, i appreciate it If you like the riffs make sure to check out the facebook page, should be releasing better recordings and vocals soon\m/
Old 12-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Grey Dynasty
Yesterday to Tomorrow

There was a bit of a hiss in the recording, but not to the point that it was distracting.

I really liked the harmonies and it they all seemed arranged well. For me, the biggest thing is to have a true melody which is a problem I have with some music, but this was very good. There were a few riffs that I thought were really cool because they seemed different
Grey Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
Markmems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dynasty
There was a bit of a hiss in the recording, but not to the point that it was distracting.

I really liked the harmonies and it they all seemed arranged well. For me, the biggest thing is to have a true melody which is a problem I have with some music, but this was very good. There were a few riffs that I thought were really cool because they seemed different

Which songs seemed hissy? All of them i tried a different style of recording and am trying to find which way is the best.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I really like this actually, the riffs are killer. The guitar sounds a little fizzy for my taste though, what are you recording with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
Markmems

Thanks man i appreciate it.

And i record DI with podfarm, sup. drummer and Studio One.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #16
Freak44

Thanks for the comments, I recorded the guitars direct. ill fix the gain settings for more balls to the tone.

Wow great riffing man really tight playing. \m/
Digging greed the creature.

Oh you recording with direct too? Try dipping the 8K hz a bit to rid of some hiss in the guitars.

The mixing can use a little more work but great job overall on the music man. Not much to crit on other than what has been said already again keep it up. \m/
Freak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #17
reeverside

Thanks for your view on my track!

Here you go!
1. Spectator Roughdraft - i am not a fan of such metal, but i love those tempo changes @ 2:16 , creates some interesting tension in the song. Song drop cool at 3:00, but you could have build it back more quietly, and then Boom!, back to riffs.
2. Thanks2 - again coll things @ 0:30 the tempo change. At 2:50 you can drop the song and play some solo/unison leads, to create contrast
3. Cooptest - the intro is sick man! And those sudden stops are cool. My only overall advice to you is not to be afraid to experiment with other instruments- try to transpose some of your riffs/leads to strings or piano, it can add more variety
4. Mixdowm - oh man, this is home of constant riffage! The 1:09 sounds like future chorus, chords are straight, good for singalong parts. 2:28 sound Dream Theater like (a nightmare to remember middle section)you can grasp inspiration from there
5. Song1 - Again riffffffs! Cool adds of low boom, even heard it in cheap headphones=). 1:09 one more potentially cool chorus. Basically what you need now - good lyrics and some one who can sign. Looking forward to what you can make out of it!
reeverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #18
naybnbyuwn

holy **** dat tightness.
i listen to about the first ten minutes and i love how the tone goes for the palm mutes and leads, but IMO the chords become really fizzy, so maybe you should look into some further EQ, or maybe turn down the pre-gain a bit.

i love the composition. are you a fan of northlane? also, how do you add the bass booms at the start of a breakdown? they sound awesome.

overall, nice composition and tight playing, but work on the guitar tone.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...79#post30800179
naybnbyuwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmems
Thanks man i appreciate it.

And i record DI with podfarm, sup. drummer and Studio One.

That'd explain the fizzyness then

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
Markmems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
That'd explain the fizzyness then

Yeahh I have a decent setup and a sm57 but I hate setting up the mic and all of that, for ideas and rough drafts I just go for podfarm :P

Rate This Thread: