Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Garlic Owl

new pickup day: EMG 81x

After having the 85X in the bridge for a long time, I got curious about how the 81X would sound in the bridge. So for my birthday, my awesome girlfriend bought me the 81X and I just got it in the mail today and I love it! It responds pretty well to pick attack and it cleans up nicely. But with cleans, I'll mostly be using it in the middle position with it being blended with the 85X as it is very bright. This is mainly a metal pickup and I will be pairing it with an EMG 66 pretty soon and I will see how that goes. Here's a short clip of the 81x, please excuse the shitty playing/timing . I'm playing through a Bugera 6262 2x12 with a Texas Heat mic'd with an SM57 pretty off center and off axis.

https://soundcloud.com/garlic_owl/81x
Garlic Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
tas38
UG's Michael Westen

sounds pretty good. HNPD
tas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Guitar-KID125
UG's Hottest MoFo

HNPD. Really keen on hearing the new 58/66 set they have out. I have an unopened JH set, just trying to decide what to use them in.
People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Guitar-KID125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: