Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
brenton393

Midi Controllers

yeah this might not be the best questions for this thread but im thinking about getting a Akai Professional MPK Mini, but im worried that my laptop will not be able to handle it. I own the Lenovo ThinkPad X120e Specs are: 4 gb memory, AMD e-350 proccessor 1.60 ghz... i just dont want to buy it and then have horrible latency issues and other problems. Even though i know this isnt a piano forum im guessing some of you have experience with midis
brenton393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
onebetter
User Registered

This is better suited for the gear & accesories forum.

To answer your question, MIDI controllers are not the deciding factor in latency. The software you are controlling is. MIDI information takes up very little CPU. It's the translation from MIDI notes to sound that happens within the computer that causes most latency.

Basically, if the software you use runs smoothly, it should continue to run smoothly with a MIDI controller. I use a macbook pro with 4gb of RAM, and mine runs smooth with an M-Audio Axiom 61 and an Akai APC40 at the same time.
onebetter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: