Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
jm911

Boss DS-2 or Digitech DF 7 ?

So I've been looking to buy a distortion pedal lately and I've narrowed down my options to these two pedals. I play a Fender Highway One Strat usually through solid state Marshall amps. I play pop, jazz, blues, and rock (probably the heaviest kind of tone I'd go for is the Satriani or Vai tone). Is the DS-2's "focus" on one sound higher quality than the DF 7 trying to emulate a lot of different distortion models?
jm911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
losing battle
UG's Trollestia

I am pretty sure GG&A will tell you you need a new amp and more than likely they will tell you a Peavey Vypyr tube 60. Which if you just jam out in your bedroom is overkill, can you be more specific on which ss Marshall you are using, because they aren't exactly equal. You might just be better off with a used line 6 pod of some sorts rather than a simple distortion pedal and the ones you listed aren't exactly good especially if your just jamming in your living room or something. If the choices are between those two pedals I would just use the amp even if its just a mg. Lastly I ask you what is your location, budget, willing to go used, what exactly are you going to use the pedal for just home use gigging? Jamming with buddies? gigs? because if you answer these questions you will more likely get the answers you are looking for. If for some reason you just want a pedal for the sake of having the pedal i would recommend a visual sound Jekyll and Hyde its a solid pedal that should do those things and more very well and if you decide to upgrade your amp to some kind of tube amp it will do very well with it because the other channel is a tube screamer.
@everything lb has ever said

Wtf is wrong with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
everypony calm down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
numa, if I grow boobs and cat ears in the night, I'll let you know
losing battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
Maidenheadsteve
I do the guitar good

Hoy christ on a boogie board, just answer his friggin question. That post looks like if Ed Hochuli was a guitarist as opposed to an NFL referee.

Anyway, I suggest the hardwire SC-2. It's got more tonal control then the ds-2 and df7, and costs between the two (as of now, any way. $78 for ds-2, about $90 for the SC-2. and $100 for the df7).
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
jaybals
guitarchitect

to echo Losing Battle in not so many words, what's your current gear?

No need to get a semi-decent overdrive if you're going to play it through an amp that won't get the best out of it.

Dr. Octafuzz
Fulltone Wah
Ibanez TS7
Carl Martin Chorus
Malekko 616
HoF Reverb

http://www.facebook.com/SpecialBruise
https://soundcloud.com/special-bruise
jaybals is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: