Search:

Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
Peaceful Rocker

2-4 years i'd say. If you're dedicated and practicing correctly
Peaceful Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
ouchies
UG's OG

Why are you asking yourself this question? If you love to play and work on your craft it will come naturally. "Proficient" is very subjective anyway.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #23
evolucian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronowarp
Dude...what the **** is wrong with you?

Sometimes quite a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
hahahahaha evo omg ily

also, shawn lane totally did justice to hendrix. and this is from a guy who can't fucking stand the JF/shred guitar aesthetic

Never heard it... Which song did he do? Although I'm not a Lane lover at all, I'll give it a fair spin (although I am a Chasey Lain lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHydra
I have way more respect for Vai than I probably should, because he has a more thorough and intuitive knowledge of Frank Zappa's music than I likely ever will.

I agree bud. This guy has more knowledge in his pinky nail offcut than I'll ever hope to have.

***BTW*** that post was in jest. Something just in response to the 'Hendrix would not be sniffed at in this "era" of *listing super amazing techniques*' stuff. He'd still make Joe cry and he'd still make Clapton feel homeless... if 'ol Hendrix were alive of course. Just saying...
evolucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
Hail
kill both bass players

he's done a good handful

show

he has a good way of doing his runs and embellishments without detracting from the song. i can still hum and hear the jimi solos amongst the madness, which is hard to pull off when you're doing nearly as much as lane can put out. lots of restraint and respect in his covers
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
evolucian

Forgive me... but meh

It's kind of hard to screw up the riff, unless you're some other user here who's name will go unmentioned *cough-evo-cough* ... but the rest of it, omg - what shit!!!!

I found no such restraint. This makes me wanna put Malmsteen back on the pedestal for his performance on Spanish Castle Magic - frikkin brilliant. The guy has amazing feel and a perfect vibrato... but Lane... omg, no.

No...

No...

Uh uh... no

Last edited by evolucian : 12-27-2012 at 02:52 PM.
evolucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
martmiguel

It all depends on how much you practice during the day and how you practice, I've had students playing great after one year of taking lessons but they practice minimum 1 hour per day.

curso online de guitarra
clases de guitarra profesor a domicilio
martmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
Hail
kill both bass players

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolucian
Forgive me... but meh

It's kind of hard to screw up the riff, unless you're some other user here who's name will go unmentioned *cough-evo-cough* ... but the rest of it, omg - what shit!!!!

I found no such restraint. This makes me wanna put Malmsteen back on the pedestal for his performance on Spanish Castle Magic - frikkin brilliant. The guy has amazing feel and a perfect vibrato... but Lane... omg, no.

No...

No...

Uh uh... no

still love you evo
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: